New to me Bugera 6260

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to me Bugera 6260

I have been using a 30W Roland Cube COSM Amp for the last year or so, and although I like the flexibility and options it has, I have found that I don't use many of them. My guitar instructor let me play my ax through his Fender Deville 4 X 10 about 2 months ago and I was hooked, I wanted a Tube Amp. I have scoured several local music stores playing a variety of tube amps over the last 30-45 days and I really like what I have heard. I was at a store about 3 weeks ago and I played a New Bugera V22 and I was blown away and how good it sounded, but it's only a 1 X 12 and I figure if I'm upgrading I should get something bigger with more punch, so . . .
    I found a "New" out-of-box special Bugera 6260 120W 2 X 12, 2 Channel Tube amp for sale and the guy made me a killer deal, it should be at the house tomorrow, needless to say I'm super jazzed!!

So my question is has anybody on here played one of these, have one, etc. and what are your thoughts? I would like only constructive opinions, please, I don't need to hear about how I wasted my money, or it's a Peavey knock-off, all of that. If you have one, or have played one, what do you think?

Thanks in advance
    GIJoeJarhead
    Semi-Newb, still trying to learn as much as I can!!

RWG LP w/ SD JB/Jazz Combo
    Mitchel MD400 w/ SD Pearly Gate/Duckbucker combo
    HLK Southern Belle (Tele) w/SD 1/4 lb/Tele Pickup combo
    Fender Acoustic/Electric

Re: New to me Bugera 6260

It's pretty much a Chinese 6505+... unless you have an infinium version, which is self-biasing with tube life monitors (and if you don't, yours is actually QUITE old)

The speakers are kinda puny, but it seems re-EQ'd to them a bit...still, speaker swap helps. Cabinet swap l, ditto.
    "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Ok, not sure what a Chinese 6505 is, please explain.
      Maybe I'm not following on speaker size, but isn't a 12" speaker kind of what most of the better mid size cab's are offering? I know the 3 different Fender Hot Rod Series amps, the 2 VOX amps, the 1 Marshall, and the 2 Peavey Amps at the music shop ALL had 12" speakers in them. There was a Fender Deville 4 X 10, but a MUCH bigger cab, and definitely out of my price range. And there was a bigger Marshall there as well, I don't remember the size of the speakers.

I am pretty sure this amp has the same pre-amp tubes as the Hotrod series, but I can double check. I do not believe it's an Infinium Series, but the couple reviews I have read on it say it really screams.

Thanks
      GIJoeJarhead

Fender Acoustic/Electric

Comment

I had a V22 and I've played through a 6260 ... but both heads, not combos, and both infinium versions. Had no problems with the V22. Sold it a while back. The 6260 did the Peavey thing well. No real cleans to speak of which makes it a big difference from the V22 which, I thought, had a real nice clean channel. I have nothing bad to say about them. They're cheap and the models that are made to cop the tone of famous/classic amps do a decent-good job of it.

Comment

Thanks Darg1911, I appreciate it. I do not believe this is an Infinium series, the V22 I played at the shop was an Infinium and I thought it sounded really good. And it was $100 cheaper than the Fender Blues Junior I played, about $400 cheaper than the Deville 2 X 12.
          I'll have to check out the clean when I get it as I am working on Blackbird by the Beatles right now with my acoustic. IF I have to keep my Roland for better cleans I guess I will . . . . but that will make me sad.
          GIJoeJarhead

Fender Acoustic/Electric

Comment

Originally posted by GIJoeJarhead View Post
            Thanks Darg1911, I appreciate it. I do not believe this is an Infinium series, the V22 I played at the shop was an Infinium and I thought it sounded really good. And it was $100 cheaper than the Fender Blues Junior I played, about $400 cheaper than the Deville 2 X 12.
            I'll have to check out the clean when I get it as I am working on Blackbird by the Beatles right now with my acoustic. IF I have to keep my Roland for better cleans I guess I will . . . . but that will make me sad.
            From memory ... The clean channel has a bright switch and also a crunch switch. There are pots for clean volume and clean gain. But even without the crunch engaged on the clean channel, turning up the clean gain get's crunchy pretty quick. That said, it's 120 watt amp and you may very well get more clean volume out of it than can from your Roland. Besides, it's been a good while since I played it so it's not like my memory is golden. It will probably work out just fine for you.

Comment

Ok super, and thanks again . . . I'm just super excited to get my first Tube Amp, I can't wait. I see in the description it has a Clean, Lead, Bright and a Crunch switch, plus the pots for both Lead Gain and Volume like you said.
              I'll have to play around with it while playing the acoustic to see just how clean and mellow I can make it.

I have zero doubts that with my electric's I can get pretty loud and nasty . . . and like you said IT IS 120W and coming from 2 12" speakers, so it should be night and day compared to my Roland 1 X10 30W amp.
              GIJoeJarhead

Fender Acoustic/Electric

Comment

Ok, not sure what a Chinese 6505 is, please explain.
                Maybe I'm not following on speaker size, but isn't a 12" speaker kind of what most of the better mid size cab's are offering? I know the 3 different Fender Hot Rod Series amps, the 2 VOX amps, the 1 Marshall, and the 2 Peavey Amps at the music shop ALL had 12" speakers in them. There was a Fender Deville 4 X 10, but a MUCH bigger cab, and definitely out of my price range. And there was a bigger Marshall there as well, I don't remember the size of the speakers.

I am pretty sure this amp has the same pre-amp tubes as the Hotrod series, but I can double check. I do not believe it's an Infinium Series, but the couple reviews I have read on it say it really screams.

Thanks
                6505 is the Peavey name for the Van Halen 5150 after he stopped endorsing them... 6505+ is an updated model. It's a pretty straight-up clone of it (and thus close cousin of 5150 / 5150 II/ 6505 / 6534 / 5153). Chinese means from China.

A non-infinium Bugera 6262 was probably manufactured in around 2012 or so. Maybe earlier.

Speaker issue isn't size, it's BRAND and MODEL... they're noname speakers badged Bugera

My 6262 was much improved by swapping the speakers with 1 Celestion Vintage 30 and 1 Mesa MC-90
                Last edited by Adieu; 02-07-2019, 04:20 PM.

Comment

PS n/m I lied.... i thought it went 6260 = head, 6262 = combo

NOPE

It's actually: Bugera 6260 = Peavey 5150/6505 clone, Bugera 6262 = Peavey 5150ii/6505+ clone.... not 100% sure, but that may mean it's actually 10+ years old
                  Last edited by Adieu; 02-07-2019, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Ok . . . Yeah, I got it's from China, thanks, wasn't sure about the Clone 6505. I know what a 5150 is, I've actually heard one, a 5150 head played through some God Awful Huge Cab, it was years ago and I don't remember the details, but it was freaking LOUD! LOL

Yeah, heard lots of comments/reviews about Bugera being a Peavey clone, and that's ok . . . pretty much every guitar is a clone of something, unless it's an "Actual" Les Paul, Strat or Tele, I'm ok with it not being the real deal. Never been hung up on names and such.

I don't know about age, I just know it's new, basically an open box, he didn't have the original packing and that may be because it's been sitting in his shop for a while, IDK. I can take a look at the speakers and maybe sometime in the future, when the $$ is right switch them out for a couple of Celestion's, just depends on how they really sound.

I'm not a gigging musician (at least not yet) so just really looking for some better sounds out of the gear I have.

Thanks again
                    GIJoeJarhead

Fender Acoustic/Electric

Comment

I have been using a 30W Roland Cube COSM Amp for the last year or so, and although I like the flexibility and options it has, I have found that I don't use many of them. My guitar instructor let me play my ax through his Fender Deville 4 X 10 about 2 months ago and I was hooked, I wanted a Tube Amp. I have scoured several local music stores playing a variety of tube amps over the last 30-45 days and I really like what I have heard. I was at a store about 3 weeks ago and I played a New Bugera V22 and I was blown away and how good it sounded, but it's only a 1 X 12 and I figure if I'm upgrading I should get something bigger with more punch, so . . .
                      I found a "New" out-of-box special Bugera 6260 120W 2 X 12, 2 Channel Tube amp for sale and the guy made me a killer deal, it should be at the house tomorrow, needless to say I'm super jazzed!!

So my question is has anybody on here played one of these, have one, etc. and what are your thoughts? I would like only constructive opinions, please, I don't need to hear about how I wasted my money, or it's a Peavey knock-off, all of that. If you have one, or have played one, what do you think?

Thanks in advance
                      I haven't had any of these amps, but my first tube amp was a Bugera T5 head and I thought it was a nice lunchbox sized amp. From my experience and many others I know that have owned the more recent Bugera amps, they're great bang for the buck.

I will say congrats. I had a Fender Mustang first and, although nice, just wasn't the same as a tube amp. I've since upgraded but it's so much fun to play a tube amp IMO.

My main concern for you is the 120W...that's going to be crazy loud. My 20W Jet City will blow my doors off.

Anyways, congrats and enjoy.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok . . . Yeah, I got it's from China, thanks, wasn't sure about the Clone 6505. I know what a 5150 is, I've actually heard one, a 5150 head played through some God Awful Huge Cab, it was years ago and I don't remember the details, but it was freaking LOUD! LOL

Yeah, heard lots of comments/reviews about Bugera being a Peavey clone, and that's ok . . . pretty much every guitar is a clone of something, unless it's an "Actual" Les Paul, Strat or Tele, I'm ok with it not being the real deal. Never been hung up on names and such.

I don't know about age, I just know it's new, basically an open box, he didn't have the original packing and that may be because it's been sitting in his shop for a while, IDK. I can take a look at the speakers and maybe sometime in the future, when the $$ is right switch them out for a couple of Celestion's, just depends on how they really sound.

I'm not a gigging musician (at least not yet) so just really looking for some better sounds out of the gear I have.

Thanks again
                        No

It's not quite like that

A clone amp aint like a clone guitar...it's hella close in sound. Primary diference is in durability and reliability of the guts.

Comment

Originally posted by aiaosu View Post
                          I haven't had any of these amps, but my first tube amp was a Bugera T5 head and I thought it was a nice lunchbox sized amp. From my experience and many others I know that have owned the more recent Bugera amps, they're great bang for the buck.

I will say congrats. I had a Fender Mustang first and, although nice, just wasn't the same as a tube amp. I've since upgraded but it's so much fun to play a tube amp IMO.

My main concern for you is the 120W...that's going to be crazy loud. My 20W Jet City will blow my doors off.

Anyways, congrats and enjoy.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Loudness isn't a problem, 90+% of the 5150/6505 sound is preamp gain.

Just stick an EQ or volume box through the FX loop and you can turn it down to laptop speaker volumes if you want to

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
                            Loudness isn't a problem, 90+% of the 5150/6505 sound is preamp gain.

Just stick an EQ or volume box through the FX loop and you can turn it down to laptop speaker volumes if you want to
                            Is there a reason not to just use master in these amps?
                            "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                            Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
                              It's pretty much a Chinese 6505+... unless you have an infinium version, which is self-biasing with tube life monitors (and if you don't, yours is actually QUITE old)

The speakers are kinda puny, but it seems re-EQ'd to them a bit...still, speaker swap helps. Cabinet swap l, ditto.
                              Doesn't these come with Bugera "Turbosound" speakers?

Stupid name, but they seem to be well regarded compared to most cheap speakers. Those few cheap stock speakers people may actually buy if you try to sell them.
                              "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                              Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Working...
                              X