Most stereotypically Marshall amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Most stereotypically Marshall amp?

I think the word you were looking for was "quintessentially" Marshall.

Irrelevant comment aside, why are you putting the fact that the amp sounds "like a Marshall" above all other categories that need to be considered? Most Marshall's will have a broadly similar tone, but they each have their own uniqueness that will lend themselves better or worse to your style.

It's like asking someone which rootbeer tastes the most like rootbeer. You won't learn anything, and all you'll get is people telling you which model is their favorite.
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
      The Plexi era Marshall of the late 60's... dimed of course (except Bass on "2" or less).

It's the original dinosaur with the roar of a T-Rex amp circuit that so many have copied or built upon.
      This.

Wanna go to the next level? That's what an overdrive pedal is for.

When I hear KISS Alive!, that right there screams the Marshall tone to me.

Comment

I would say there are three: the Plexi, the Bluesbreaker/JTM45, and the JCM800.

Bill
        When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Not sure about stereotypical Marshalls, but the most 'Typically Stereo' Marshall is the 8240 Valvestate S80 (IMHO).

Comment

Originally posted by SlyFoxx View Post
            JVM 410. Does just about every Marshall.
            This is basically it.

Comment

Just my opinion but whichever Marshalls Paul and Ace were using on Kiss' Love 'Em And Leave 'Em.
              The Artist Formerly Known As Drunken Bowling

Comment

Originally posted by SlyFoxx View Post
                JVM 410. Does just about every Marshall.
                My JVM210H had some noise issues at high gain but man that was a fun amp to play. I kinda miss it but I've no need for anything above 25W right now.

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
                  My JVM210H had some noise issues at high gain but man that was a fun amp to play. I kinda miss it but I've no need for anything above 25W right now.
                  I haven't needed 100 watts ever even when with my last full band back in '08. But I had gone through a Switchblade and a Lone Star Special and then landed on the Marshall. Good thing it didn't need to be cranked to sound good for what I needed it to do.

Comment

Working...
                  X