banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Laney LC range users here? Just curious...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Laney LC range users here? Just curious...

Hi all,

I'm an avid user of a Laney LC-15R. I'm curious if anyone finds the LC amps as gig-worthy as I do. I played a LC-15 for 6 years straight, live and in rehearsal, with my band to great results. So great that I got a LC-15R to use the FX loop etc. To be precise, I swapped the stock HH speaker for a Celestion Vintage 30 10" to get more headroom. Now the amp's clean tones are a tad clinical but it will change as the speaker breaks in.

Anyway, who else uses their Laney LC (15, 30, 50...) for gigs regularly? I have heard the notion that "Laney is a poor man's Marshall" but I believe Laneys are not inferior to those ... well other (major) brands.

So please chime in with your opinions if you feel like it.
    Thanks
    Tony
    Gibson Hawk Series guitars rule!

Fave SD pups: Duncan Custom, Alnico II Pro, Pearly Gates, Phat Cats; Nashville Studio and Alnico II Pro for Tele; a Sadducer in my Crafter acoustic.

Re: Any Laney LC range users here? Just curious...

Hi Tony,

I have an LC15 (non-R) and an LC30II.

Not gigging at the moment, but I have done some small stuff with the LC30. If you wire a jack to the LC15, it should have no problem driving a cab. Both are very loud amps. I could put the LC30 up against a 100 watt head. It is that loud.

I don't find any Laney to be a poor-man's-Marshall, but I hope people keep thinking of them that way, or thinking poorly of them. That way I get my pick of what I want for a good price.
    Jackson, Ibanez & Ovation Guitars
    Laney, Marshall & Peavey Amplification

((tube max dissipation wattage / amp plate voltage) x % of max dissipation wattage) x 1000 = bias current in mA

"There was never a horse that couldn't be rode, never a man that couldn't be throwed." - Marshall Matt Dillon - GUNSMOKE (1959)

Comment

Re: Any Laney LC range users here? Just curious...

I had a an LC30II for about 18 months, but sold it last year.

I found it to be generally too loud for things I was doing at the time (no band/gigging and just playing at home) so I sold it.

The amp's clean channel was nice altho I found it to be a little too bright at times, although I've been told that a replacement speaker would have cured this.

The distortion channel was a total beast! It had more gain on tap than I ever used and could be used for low gain classic rock (which I play) and higher gain metal just as easilly!

They're good amps for the money too

Craig

Comment

Working...
      X