Sales are starting to take off...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sales are starting to take off...

congrats and they look great, but you aren't charging enough, IMO.

germ
    Jeremy Ledford
    Tone Guru Extroardinaire
    Tone Shop

Comment

Originally posted by lastwinj
      congrats and they look great, but you aren't charging enough, IMO.

germ
      You are correct. The thing is that I promised that the first 5-10 people that had faith in me would get an Excellent deal. I want to get some amps in peoples hands. I need some references and reviews.

I can guarantee you that the prices will eventually have to go up a bit.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F
        it's just a gain boost... no rocket science involved. it's a tone-shaping switch...
        Nice! Im currently building a '67 Marshall SuperBass replica. I have Marstran (www.marstran.com) transformers and choke, weber chassis, and a superb! board built by Ray D. (aka Smallbox at plexipalace.com).. loaded with.... ahem (drumroll)... VINTAGE NOS MUSTARD CAPS .. yeah, all the way buddy.

So will think about that tone shaping switch, good idea. Thanks.
        Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F
          You are correct. The thing is that I promised that the first 5-10 people that had faith in me would get an Excellent deal. I want to get some amps in peoples hands. I need some references and reviews.

I can guarantee you that the prices will eventually have to go up a bit.
          cool beans. i just like to see the boutique amp guys be successful. congrats!!
          Jeremy Ledford
          Tone Guru Extroardinaire
          Tone Shop

Comment

Originally posted by lastwinj
            cool beans. i just like to see the boutique amp guys be successful. congrats!!
            At some point, when the reputation gets good enough, I'll be able to charge enough to make it worth my time. I really want to keep things around that $1000 price point.

The biggest issues so far have been with Fed Ex. I do not have time to fight with them over poor shipping performance. Plus, if I have to eat the shipping costs back to Florida, there goes some more of what is admittedly very little profit. I'm counting on fed ex to do the right thing. They have not showed any reason why they won't, but they currently can't find the amp that is supposed to be at my home as of yesterday. UPS is actually worse in my experience.

This is definitely a learn-as-you-go experience. Hopefully, guys like armotron and puckboy will continue to be patient with these growing pains.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Whaaaa Scott, they told you they lost it!??
              There is no spoone
              - The Matricks

Comment

Scott, how much gain does the Franklin have? (Please disregard the avatar ) Is it like a vintage Vox or is it like a Matchless that will get chimy cleans and singing distortions?

(Heck, I don't even know what I'm talking about, I've never played a vintage Vox nor a Matchless. I just know some of the lead tones that have been associated with Matchless...)
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Congrats Scott! Any chance of a 2x10 18 watter in the future?
                  '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

I'll go the opposite direction. I'm not sure that the 15w Franklin is QUIET enough for me. I play at low volumes.

I'm certainly not an amp hound (I play PODs, remember?), but I like the Vox, Matchless, and TinyTweed patches from Line6. Franklin sounds like someone I'd like to get to know. Have you thought about using amp corners for protection? What about a closed back? If I use one in church, the open back adds to the stage volume (something we're trying to avoid).
                    Last edited by LesStrat; 11-19-2005, 01:32 AM.
                    Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                    https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                    Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Working...
                    X