Eminence speakers (Patriot/Redcoat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eminence speakers (Patriot/Redcoat)

What do you guys (those of you that actually tried them) think about them? I was looking at some of them and any help at all woudl be a good start.

thanks
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Re: Eminence speakers (Patriot/Redcoat)

i run both the red white & blues and swamp thangs in my 6x12 (4x12 is x pattern, 2x12 is all swamps) and love them

i wouldn't reccomend the rw&b by itself for any application in any amp, but it's good in combinations. Before i got the swamp thangs i had a 2x12 with a legend 125 & a red white & blues

basically they're good for taming brightness & adding midrange grit

and well, anyone who has ever played a hot rod deluxe knows the 125 has too much treble, not enough bass, and breaks up too soon. The swamp thang is basically a 125 that's been 'corrected'
    Originally posted by gibson175
    metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

Thanks Drew...I shoudl have been more specific...imlooking for 10's.

Also...has anybody tried the Eminemce Legend speakers?
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

legend 125's....
        Originally posted by gibson175
        metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

I have a Ramrod in a small Laney. It is a dark speaker with early breakup. It really works in a "brighter" combo.
          Last edited by wixedmords; 11-14-2005, 10:46 PM.
          Jackson, Ibanez & Ovation Guitars
          Laney, Marshall & Peavey Amplification

((tube max dissipation wattage / amp plate voltage) x % of max dissipation wattage) x 1000 = bias current in mA

"There was never a horse that couldn't be rode, never a man that couldn't be throwed." - Marshall Matt Dillon - GUNSMOKE (1959)

Comment

I geuss your giving up on them Kendricks? When i was in the market for a good 10" for my Princeton. I was looking at used JBL E-110's, Weber 10F150's,Weber Cali series and the Ragin' Cajin from Eminance. (I just picked up a privite jack and I got to say it does everything they said it does. )You really can't go wrong with a weber 10'' IMO. For me it came down to the Weber Cali and the ragin cajin. The Weber was only $10 more and I had a pretty good idea what that would sound like where as the Ragin Cajin was somewhat a mystory. In retrospect I think I made the right call , But I bet that ragin' cajin is a pretty good speaker. I haven't heard anything bad about the redcoat/patrioit line yet? So It maybe worth a shot? But I would take a Weber over a Eminance any day. Good luck on your Quest.
            http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

I really dig my man-o-war and governor combo in my mesa/boogie cab. Really rounded things out in comparison to the vintage 30's. They got my vote.

Comment

Ken: I actually lke the Kendricks quite a bit but the amp is 40 watts and the speakers are 20 watts each and I feel like Im pusing them just a tad too hard...I also feel like they could be just a bif tighter plus IM just kind of looking at other options.

Thanks guys!

Comment

I have used the GB12s, 122 alnicos, Wizard, Swamp Thang. Have dug every one of them. No other company comes close in terms of value, performance and variety. I have not heard a bad one yet. The Swamp Thang is currently my favorite speaker. I am getting tired of the Greenback type of tone. It is a sound that is used by so many players, to the point it is not unique or distinctive. I am enjoying the persuit of different tonal flavors.
                  ]
                  FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
                  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

i use an Eminence Legend GB12.
                    this baby delivers the right vibe for bluesrock.

i built a quite big (52L) 3/4 back 112 cab with it and
                    amp it with my Laney AOR 30 Head
                    ~+~ tube afflicted, strat addicted ~+~

Comment

I have a splawn cab with governors and man o wars in an x pattern..the cab kills..even with the bass dimed it doesn't fart out..sounds nice and full and smooth....just kills!!!
                      Splawn QR
                      Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
                      Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s
                      George Lynch Skulls n' Snakes Sig ESP w/JB trembucker

My Cover Band
                      My Gear Pix
                      My SPLAWN Clips
                      My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Comment

Originally posted by drew_half_empty
                        i wouldn't reccomend the rw&b by itself for any application in any amp, but it's good in combinations.
                        Why's that? And how do they do with a pair of swamp thangs?

basically they're good for taming brightness & adding midrange grit
                        The red white and blues or the 125's?

Comment

I have a Cannabis Rex in a Fender Music Master Bass amp (dual 6V6 cathode biased value-priced screamer). It has great lows and mids with smooth highs, and is very loud. I wish they would make a 10" version. I think a couple of the Eminence 10" models sound interesting, but I'm anxious to try the Jensen Neo 10 since the Neo 12 is amazing.

Comment

thanks, thanks and thanks guys...keep them comming!!!

Comment

Thanks for doing my research Christian

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
                              Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
                              FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
                              http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

Working...
                              X