• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eminence speakers (Patriot/Redcoat)

Originally posted by PUCKBOY99
    Thanks for doing my research Christian

Any time bro!!!

right now Im thinking about the Legend 105's to replace the kendricks in the 'Lux
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by chill
      Why's that? And how do they do with a pair of swamp thangs?

The red white and blues or the 125's?

the rw&b tames brightness, that's why i use 2

i wouldn't reccomend them alone because they're really, really dark. The best way i can describe them is tons of gritty dark mids, dark & lacking highs, and dark & lacking lows. I can see them for some sort of...expirimental tone, but not for anything else, by themselves that is

as far as my 6x12 with 2 rwb & 4 swamp thangs, well, i think it sounds friggin great. Real real american sounding. Plug a marshall into them & it leaves much to be desired, but, plug any vintage bassman, bandmaster, 5150/xxx, basically anything with 6l6's into it & it's great. Real real good for complimenting "the 6l6 tone". Brings out all the great parts, like the lows & highs, adds a little midrange grit, it's just great. this is also a LOUD combo, with the rwb at 101db and the swamps at 102, if i remember right, both rating at 100+ watts.
      Originally posted by gibson175
      metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

I've been thinking about getting a cannibus rex for my Crate V1512 because I can't afford a Tone Tubby, anyone tried them?
        Originally posted by ratherdashing
        If inviting 200 drunken strangers to your parents house is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

Comment

I've got a Swamp Thang and Texas Heat. I wouldn't recommend the ST by itself as it's low end can be a bit much. But mixed with the more even eq'd TH its a great combo.
          '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

Teletubby's er Tonetubby...the mids sounds wrong on them...everyone I have tried.
            I am also looking for something to get myself out of the Celestion rut.
            I love G12H's but sometimes I just want something else, something with that woody midrange and fat bottom, airy highs...sigh...hehe

Comment

well, i've never had overly bassy guitars

one is the hh blackout, with the '59 bridge in asian basswood, and the other is a nashville tele with a hot rail

and compared to like a 5150, bassmans don't have THAT much low end, i mean there's a lot, but it's no biggie to tame, plus they're avatar cabs
              Originally posted by gibson175
              metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

Working...
              X