Jcm 2000?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jcm 2000?

I owned a DSL 50 for a spell and really like the amp. Got some great sounds out of it, clean and dirty alike. The only reason I got rid of it is I had the same issues Mike M. had and then some...and...I went thru THREE of the DSL50's before I finally gave up.
    PRS McCarty Korina loaded w/Godwoods
    PRS Custom 22 loaded w/Dragon IIs
    GJ2 Shredder loaded w/Habaneros
    Rivera Knucklehead 55 Reverb/Blackstar HT-1/VHT Special Ultra 6
    Avatar 2X12 loaded with V30 & G12H30
    various pedals

Comment

Re: Jcm 2000?

The nice thing about the DSL50 is that it even sounded good without having to completely saturate the power tubes. In fact, I liked the tone I got out of teh thing unattenuated with volume at "5" than I do with the power section cranked and attenuated to the same volume. That may have a lot to do with tone suckage by the attenuator, but that doesn't change the fact the amp sounded great at loud, but not eardrum shattering, volumes.

The amp also prefers 4x12. 2x12 is nice for break up, but the amp really works best with a more robust 412 cabinet.
      Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

Working...
      X