banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My whole guitar setup is in Rid's hands right now....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My whole guitar setup is in Rid's hands right now....

Chubster..is that a Fender voiced one??

Lol sorry I am abit of the oldschool regarding amps
    They make good amps, just not my style.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB
      I think it's the other way around....if I can't get a good tone outta Rid's pedal...there's absolutely no doubt in my mind I suck, will always suck, and should sell all my gear cos playing is pointless

Hmm....I've been thinking about picking up my first Bass....

you make an SuperBassTONE Rid?
      I'll send my addy for you to send the Firebird...

Bro, you've gotten good tone before. I've heard it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
        Chubster..is that a Fender voiced one??

Lol sorry I am abit of the oldschool regarding amps
        They make good amps, just not my style.
        It's basically an R series in a bigger cab/combo for better bass response and less of a boxy sound the R combos got/get. I had a R(or M? cant remember) series combo briefly 15 years ago and hated it. This Chubster is much better.

Fender voicing on one channel...Marshall on the other.
        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

SuperBassTONE..lol like a 200 watts top??

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH
            I'll send my addy for you to send the Firebird... :laugh2
            On the bay soon my friend..save your pennies

Bro, you've gotten good tone before. I've heard it.
            But I meant good enough tone to cover up my crappy playing

EDIT: It's Here....at my desk in my office, just opened the box....it's certainly BUILT like a tank...wow...
            I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
              SuperBassTONE..lol like a 200 watts top??
              I meant actually like a Marshall SuperBass

maybe an AmpegTone?

or Gallien-KrugerTONE?

oh and I have to be able to sound JUST LIKE Glenn Hughes, Roger Glover, Steve Harris, and all the old Motown guys through a squier bass practice amp, K?

Comment

On the bay soon my friend..save your pennies
                WTF??? You are not serious!!!! You can't. It has such a killer tone. Play that one through the PlexiTone.

BUt I meant good enough tone to cover uo my crappy playing
                Have some confidence in your playing will ya! You have good timing, solid chord changes. Good stuff, mang. Need to hear more lead stuff.

Comment

Ah ok...Well we have a R55 combo...and I hate its guts with an evil heart
                  Cardboard sounding box amp...the sound sits way in there and will not enter the room in any way.
                  We have changed tubes, speakers, played through different cabs.... not giving us much we like, it is only the boss who likes that amp
                  so I hope for you that the Chubster is a major improvement

Comment

WTF??? You are not serious!!!! You can't. It has such a killer tone. Play that one through the PlexiTone.
                    Nah...she's going....Hamer can do everything it can and much more. I'm really trying to pair down to one guitar, and one amp setup. Just don't have the room, and could use the $.

Have some confidence in your playing will ya! You have good timing, solid chord changes. Good stuff, mang. Need to hear more lead stuff.
                    LOL...if I was a better lead player and was able to record against a backing track, I would. But I've never been much of a lead player....I'm more of a Rudy Schenker as opposed to Michael...my fingers don't listen to my brain

Comment

Nah...she's going....Hamer can do everything it can and much more. I'm really trying to pair down to one guitar, and one amp setup. Just don't have the room, and could use the $.
                      Damn. If I could, I would, but I can't so I won't. LOL. Wife would KILL me if I tried to get another guitar, especially with her not working and we still need to buy Christmas for our little one. Maybe after the Tele is done I can either buy one or build one. Maybe by then I won't have G.A.S. for one anymore, who knows. I love guitars though so I doubt it...lol.

LOL...if I was a better lead player and was able to record against a backing track, I would. But I've never been much of a lead player....I'm more of a Rudy Schenker as opposed to Michael...my fingers don't listen to my brain
                      Being a Rudy Schenker ain't bad. He's one of the best rhythm players out there IMO.

Comment

Being a Rudy Schenker ain't bad. He's one of the best rhythm players out there IMO.
                        OK than scratch that...

how about CC deville?

Comment

OK than scratch that...

how about CC deville?
                          You're going backwards, bro. Turn it around, back towards Rudy..

Comment

You're going backwards, bro. Turn it around, back towards Rudy..
                            Zakkly...set your expectations too high when I said Rudy

Comment

Zakkly...set your expectations too high when I said Rudy
                              Ok, but did ya have to that far down the totem pole? Sheesh...

Comment

Ok, but did ya have to that far down the totem pole? Sheesh...
                                Whom would you suggest?

Maybe...Vinnie Vincent?

Mick Mars?

Robbin Crosby?

lessee...who else sucks?

Comment

Working...
                                X