banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My whole guitar setup is in Rid's hands right now....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My whole guitar setup is in Rid's hands right now....

Originally posted by JeffB
    Whom would you suggest?

Maybe...Vinnie Vincent?

Mick Mars?

Robbin Crosby?

lessee...who else sucks?
    Ho ho ho hold on there... Robbin Crosby did not suck. Neither does Mick.

Now Vinnie ???? He sucks.

I'm tryin' to make you realize you're better than you think. Work with me hear.

EDIT: That PlexiTone will make you sound like a rock god....
    Last edited by ErikH; 11-22-2005, 01:35 PM.

Comment

So when will you find out if the setup works??

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH
        Ho ho ho hold on there... Robbin Crosby did not suck. Neither does Mick.
        Agreed..at least as regards to Robbin....he kinda always got that "just there for show" title...

I was never a fan of Mick (good tones, but I hate his playing, and his blatant Schenker ripoff )

Now Vinnie ???? He sucks.
        K...I'll go with Vinnie then

I'm tryin' to make you realize you're better than you think. Work with me hear.
        did you mean "here" or "dear"?

I've never been satisfied with my playing..even when I was younger and had much better chops (real life kinda gets in the way of practicing 6 hours a day ). Likely never will be..but I'll keep plugging away (much to the chagrin of those within earshot ) Once I get the gear all worked out..it's time to get down to a serious practice routine to work my way back up.
        Last edited by JeffB; 11-22-2005, 01:51 PM.
        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
          So when will you find out if the setup works??
          Tonite Rid..I'm at work now (though you wouldn't know it with the way I'm posting )

I'll try and get up some "initial comments" tonite at some point (it's 3PM EST right now here)
          I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Agreed..at least as regards to Robbin....he kinda always got that "just there for show" title...
            He was just solid all over, and he had a liking for Firebirds.

I was never a fan of Mick (good tones, but I hate his playing, and his blatant Schenker ripoff )
            I was so-so about his playing until I saw the Crue live in 1989. He had killer tone, good chops, and filled in where needed, not too over the top.

did you mean "here" or "dear"?

I've never been satisfied with my playing..even when I was younger and had much better chops (real life kinda gets in the way of practicing 6 hours a day ). Likely never will be..but I'll keep plugging away (much to the chagrin of those within earshot ) Once I get the gear all worked out..it's time to get down to a serious practice routine to work my way back up.
            I meant "here".

There are times when I'm not happy with how I'm playing so I put it down for a little bit or I go back to my roots and play some old KISS songs again. Anything to keep the motivation and positiveness up.

Comment

Cool...all the best, it does follow the amp
              And it likes them good

Comment

He was just solid all over, and he had a liking for Firebirds.
                I suspect you don't want me to post pics of his Hamer Firebird I found yesterday?

There are times when I'm not happy with how I'm playing so I put it down for a little bit or I go back to my roots and play some old KISS songs again. Anything to keep the motivation and positiveness up.
                Yeah, I'll be going back to jamming along with Live and Dangerous for my "Chop Building". I finally found my copy of the CD

Rid,

Will let you know..gotta say I'm impressed by the look of tha damn thing for sure! Solid Pedal. Don't expect any clips of the caliber of Steve's playing though

Comment

I suspect you don't want me to post pics of his Hamer Firebird I found yesterday?
                  I hadn't seen his Hamer Firebird. Just the crapload of Jacksons he had. Please, share.

I miss the guy terribly. Collage was a good RATT album but it was missing his rhythm chops.

Comment

Jeff, if this goes well you could become RID's USA franchise distributor?
                    Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.
                    -Conrad Hilton

Comment

Heh you guys are too much
                      But in a good way.
                      The place seems to have bloomed into something of old times again.

Comment

I hadn't seen his Hamer Firebird. Just the crapload of Jacksons he had. Please, share.
                        Ask and ye shall receive

Comment

Ask and ye shall receive

Nice. I like the look of the block inlays and slant single.

Hehe, Rid. Yeah, Jeff and I tend to go off on little tangents like this. He and I get along pretty well. Cool guy. Bastard gives me G.A.S. though.
                          Last edited by ErikH; 11-22-2005, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Nice. I like the look of the block inlays and slant single.
                            Agreed...and I think it'd look good reverse or non reverse stock too. That very well could be my next Hamer, though that is far off in the future. I gotta check and see how much they charge for a custom guitar like that.

Hehe, Rid. Yeah, Jeff and I tend to go off on little tangents like this. He and I get along pretty well. Cool guy. Bastard gives me G.A.S. though.
                            I am TANGENT KING to you my friend

And yeah....Eriks OK...I guess

LOVE YA BRO!

Rid, glad we are keepin ya entertained for a bit

Comment

Guess I'll go drool at the Hamer site and Willcutt Guitars for a while now....

Comment

Lol this is indeed amusing stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X