NAD - Fender 65 Princeton Reverb FSR Tweed 12"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Interesting. I was always curious about this, but I never tried a Deluxe next to a 12"-converted Princeton. Honestly, I am great with my Tone Master Deluxe these days.
    I had a silverface Princeton Reverb that had a Deluxe Reverb output transformer. It was louder than either of my blackface PR's with the stock transformers. I should have kept it. But it was when I having a hard time paying mdical bills and I was selling off so much stuff. I wish I'd kept it tho.
    “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

I'll note that the ten inch speakers I liked in the prri was a Celestion G10 vintage with a pretty big magnet for a ten inch, definitely not a vintage design and they even advertise it as "the ten that thinks it's a twelve". I hated the stock Celestion ten/30 and not a fan of the jensen they put in the normal prri.
      so I would say I would be in the camp that preferred 12" if they didn't make the g10V, that's a kickass little speaker that gives some honk and compression but more bass and more sizzle vs that farty, reedy, but kinda thin jensen tone

Comment

I really try to appreciate amps like this. In fact, I'd love to plug my Squire into this.
        But looks wise, it makes me think of a mid century coffee table.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

I kinda dig the coffee table look. I like mid century modern design, though, and I am all for filling a living room with amps that look like furniture.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Just for kicks I did some experimenting with the speaker in my 5E3 which is a Weber 12A125A. I have a speaker extension patch so I plugged the PRRI into the speaker/cab of the 5E3. Holy crap does that 12A125A sound MASSIVE. I swear it's louder and fuller than the 12F150 (not much, but a bit). The 12F150 has more top end chime, whereas the 12A125A has more full sounding mids.

Then I took the speaker and cab from the 5E3 and plugged it into the extension speaker jack from the PRRI while also having its own speaker plugged in. Bloody thing sounded as huge as my Twin! Absolutely room filling, wall shaking volume and bass. Unreal.
            -
            My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

i really like the weber alnico speakers. hard to fit the bigger magnet models into some combos though

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                i really like the weber alnico speakers. hard to fit the bigger magnet models into some combos though
                Their A125 speakers seem like the perfect alnicos. The 10A125 is my favourite 10 by a wide margin. And the 12A125A is a beast of a speaker. I stopped tone chasing the moment I put it in my 5E3.
                -

Comment

i have a 10a150t which is the same cone as the 10a125 but with a bigger voice coil and magnet, such a great speaker. a buddy has a pair of 12a125 in a tweed twin clone that sounds amazing. ive told him if he gets sick, i will shamelessly steal the amp

Comment

I've got a Fender 57 Twin and it has the Weber designed speakers made by Eminence. I got it from CJ at Weber that those are the 12A150. I've wondered what a pair of 12A125's would sound like instead...

I've had a pairing of 10A125 and 10F150 in a Vibrolux that was killer. I've also put a pair of 10A125's in a brown Super and that also was really good. I've currently got a quad of 10A125's in my 5F6A Bassman and it sounds so sooooo great
                    -

Comment

i bet! i had a bassman ltd years ago and replaced te p10r wit p10q speakers and there was a big improvement in sound. im sure the webers would have sounded even better. im not a fan of the newer jensens, especially compared to webers versions.

Comment

Working...
                      X