Speaker Dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post

is that the side ported tall one that weighs almost 100 lbs empty?

oh yeah I would like to play that,
    hate to move it
    The Fanes are the white/cream colored speakers: Ascension A60, M65, F70 models.

i would love to play one of those Forte replica cabs!!

There's another builder TRM Guitar Cabs who has made a vertical 212 called the Stage Hog for $210 raw where the 2 speakers have a divider or their own separate boxes inside the cabinet, back port on the top speaker for the open back cab spread and bottom front ported Click image for larger version  Name:	IM002914.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	54.7 KB ID:	6081690 Click image for larger version  Name:	TS-slant_and_Hardtrucker_003.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	68.8 KB ID:	6081691 on the bottom speaker for bass response. I would love to hear one of these, I bet they sound massive!!
    Last edited by Oldfart_Shredman; 05-20-2021, 06:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldfart_Shredman View Post

The Fanes are the white/cream colored speakers: Ascension A60, M65, F70 models.

i would love to play one of those Forte replica cabs!!

There's another builder TRM Guitar Cabs who has made a vertical 212 called the Stage Hog for $210 raw where the 2 speakers have a divider or their own separate boxes inside the cabinet, back port on the top speaker for the open back cab spread and bottom front ported Click image for larger version Name:	IM002914.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	54.7 KB ID:	6081690 Click image for larger version Name:	TS-slant_and_Hardtrucker_003.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	68.8 KB ID:	6081691 on the bottom speaker for bass response. I would love to hear one of these, I bet they sound massive!!
      yeah Tim built my custom cab I mentioned earlier

great guy
      EHD
      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

and your point

most all are Plywood

Birch - void free - half inch says in the description

what do you think they are made of?

Peaveys used to be made of MDF
        which sounds fine, avoid rain and dampness

old Fenders were solid pine
        not any more
        The ebay one says "3/4" (18 mm) multi-layer plywood"

The only thing on the Seismic one I see is "5/8 plywood front panel"

I'm all for saving money, but I'd need to see one of these in person.

Comment

you are correct
          I did not notice that Tim had made my custom cab from Pine

I did not look that closely at the

just because it is inexpensive doesn't mean its cheap and inferior
          EHD

Comment

V30 is probably my favorite classic 12" speaker
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

you are correct
              I did not notice that Tim had made my custom cab from Pine

I did not look that closely at the

just because it is inexpensive doesn't mean its cheap and inferior
              Yes, I know there are good inexpensive alternatives out there, but I also don't want a cab built out of standarad, "Home Depot' grade plywood. It's fine for construction, but for a speaker cab, at least IMHO. The other problem with ordering online is, even if these places have a return policy, paying the return shipping for a cabinet will not be insignificant.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                V30 is probably my favorite classic 12" speaker
                Is the mid-80s considered classic now?? Geeze.
                Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Somebody snagged the blemished Avatar 212 cab. #%$&@!

Comment

For $50 more it's worth it to have the extra depth of the contemporary or sig designs.
                    They might also place rubber feet on the bottom and one of the sides so it's setup for vertical use also.
                    I got mine normal years back and then installed them on one side myself, so it's set for either way.

By itself sounds better horizontal, but when running it along with my mesa cab usually have one vertical and the other horizontal.
                    If you order it as a vertical alone then it will only have feet on the side,,,,,,,,not good for stacking with other cabs.

They will do the logo however you want it (on the contemporary, not the sig),,,,,might have to exchange a few emails to get it all worked out.
                    Easy guy to work with named Dave. (great name btw!)

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

Is the mid-80s considered classic now?? Geeze.
                      Just go home and shave that gray beard now, and of course there is no hair to worry about these days. (me too lol)

Comment

for my portable rig -Im running a single V Type 12/70 with the full range big bottom and nice top with 2 10" Jensen for the punchy aggressive mids. -I find it's the best of both worlds.

In the studio I use 4x12 V30s and Greenback slant cabs and a square 4x 12/75 watter too -but they are in giant cabs and they don't roll out to gigs unless it's something big.
                        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

which jensens?

Comment

you can get a monoprice 1x12 cab with a v30 for $199
                            try that

if you dont like it return it
                            Right now on Amazon the Monoprice is $159

https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-611...s%2C-1&sr=8-37

thats the cost of the speaker
                            EHD

Comment

Working...
                            X