banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What setup would you bring into a studio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread makes me want to get a Helix.
    Dagnabit!

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
      This thread makes me want to get a Helix.
      Dagnabit!
      Units like the Helix and Fractal really allow you to get a lot of great sounds very quickly.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Assuming I have to drive to get there, i'd bring as much as I can fit in the car

2/3 guitars, an amp and my few pedals. I'd try and find out what gear the studio has first and chose from what I have that is as different as possible.

Comment

in my case, a P Bass, J Bass, cables and my own SansAmp DI. Chances are whatever DIs the studio has are better than mine, but I bring one anyway.

If my band is recording originals I bring whatever gear is needed to get our signature sound. I bring what guitars, amps and pedals I actually use and wouldn’t tailor my rig in some attempt to impress the engineer with how savvy I am. I also wouldn’t bring a mountain of extra gear since studio time costs money.

I’m not a session player, so I’ve never been in a position where I needed that kind of versatility.
          || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Units like the Helix and Fractal really allow you to get a lot of great sounds very quickly.
            And you can go direct in very easily. Although a lot more amps have that capacity too these days.

Comment

Well-rehearsed riffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post

And you can go direct in very easily. Although a lot more amps have that capacity too these days.
                I am so happy that this feature is starting to be more popular.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                X