• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Securb View Post

Are you talking about GuitarAmped.com?

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
      I am going to start a Discord forum for people who want to complain about other forums. That should be a good start, removing most of my distracting presence here and allowing you to get down to the real work of whatever it is you want to do here.
      No really, what are you doing to help?

Do you know anybody?

Comment

Looks like a lot of fun. A right-wing guitar forum.

1st Amendment Zone - Politics go here - rats, crybabies & commies will get curb stomped

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
          Keep in mind this is the forum for a pickup and pedal maker and it functions primarily as the first line of support for their products. It's not primarily an amp or audio recording forum, though it has spaces for those conversations if they come up. The pickup, pedal and guitar topics are quite lively, as would be expected.

A number of the regular members seem to have either moved past incessant tone chasing to playing, or have gotten far enough along that they are either satisfied, or some might not be able to afford to go much further. For some, they have great knowledge, but have lives and families and guitar is more hobby/personal satisfaction and can't spend that much time posting on the internet. I don't speak for all, but that's just my observation. In some cases, if people don't respond to your threads, it's just not what they are interested in right now. Nothing personal.

If you don't appreciate the people or the conversations here and feel you are the only one who can assess the 'quality' of the people here, that really is kind of your own subjective opinion, and not the truth of the matter. There's people on here I might not like their personal tone in text, but I still appreciate what they know about guitars and equipment and I still learn from them. Also many of the things you might want to discuss have already been discussed to death in the decades prior, in which case strategic searching can yield that information.
          That doesn't explain anything as to why only 5 people out of 54,828 total members posted in Bogner's thread here about tone chasing.

Seems most of the only regulars left are more interested in socializing online (not IRL) or talking off topic than gear.

Point being, we need new blood.

This is a pickup/gear forum - if people want to socialize, they can go to Facebook or Grindr or LPB's Discord server.

Comment

You're welcome to join - shoot me a PM.

Comment

Speaking of tone (gotta contribute, right?):

I am a tone chameleon. I have researched numerous famous guitarists' rigs, studio recording/mixing techniques, and other concepts.

I am a DIYer - out of necessity (availability and budget). I've built guitars, tube amps and pedals.

I have a bunch of different amps, real and virtual. Some tube, some SS. I have a ton of effects both real and virtual. So the tonal "palette" is huge.

Since technically I play a lot of different stuff and styles (except a few like... country) from basic to advanced difficulty, it would seem appropriate that I do not have a single, particular tone - I will use whatever is available based on my experience and what is appropriate sound-wise. I could probably (probably) make a Gorilla amp sound good; in the right context.

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post

That doesn't explain anything as to why only 5 people out of 54,828 total members posted in Bogner's thread here about tone chasing.
                Actually, I directly explained why. Reading comprehension 101, anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
                  A lot of people probably dont feel comfortable hanging out and talking gear in places where they dont feel comfortable just hanging out. If they perceive an arrogant, judgmental atmosphere, it will impact their participation, and their presence.
                  And what about a lackadaisical atmosphere where (IIRC) the current most popular topic is "What Are You Doing Right Now?" on a gear forum?

It is what it is, but this just mirrors so much out there and the slow, gradual decline of interest in guitar playing overall. Slippery slope indeed.

Comment

In the 90's I was using a Peavey Classic 50 or 30. Plenty of gain for the 80's music I was playing.

In the 00's I found the Clean channel of the Triple XXX. The best clean channel I have heard to date. Plus the Ultra channel has enough gain I really do not need any pedals in front. But there truly is not much difference, in gain, between the Triple XXX Crunch and Ultra channels.

I missed my Classics. Even had a friend in town who would nag me about getting a JSX, because the Crunch channel is based on the Classic 50 Lead. I finally conceded and got a JSX. I run 6CA7s in the power section, but they are big and glassy enough that I do not miss the 6L6s of the Triple XXX.

I wish the JSX weighed less, but it truly has all my tones in one box. Triple XXX Clean, Classic 50 Lead (Crunch), and Triple XXX Ultra. Never need more than my Pickup Booster in front. So, big win as it has all come together in this amp.

I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Right Wing guitar forum , can we say Harmony Central much ....

Comment

Speaking of tone (gotta contribute, right?):

I am a tone chameleon. I have researched numerous famous guitarists' rigs, studio recording/mixing techniques, and other concepts.

I am a DIYer - out of necessity (availability and budget). I've built guitars, tube amps and pedals.

I have a bunch of different amps, real and virtual. Some tube, some SS. I have a ton of effects both real and virtual. So the tonal "palette" is huge.

Since technically I play a lot of different stuff and styles (except a few like... country) from basic to advanced difficulty, it would seem appropriate that I do not have a single, particular tone - I will use whatever is available based on my experience and what is appropriate sound-wise. I could probably (probably) make a Gorilla amp sound good; in the right context.
                        Same here, I own a lot of 1980's Kramers and Jacksons, I assembled guitar bodies , necks and electronics parts from Warmoth, Dragon Fire, Mite Might and GFS, that are equal or better than my more expensive 1980's guitars.

I have VHT, Marshall, Mesa Boogie, Fender, Peavey and Carvin amps that I recreated on a DigiTech 2112 SGS , now I don't have to lug around an amp collection to my gigs.

I get studio quality sound, when I play live.

Comment

You're welcome.
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Who? What?

Now back to my original post.
                            The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post
                              Who? What?

Now back to my original post.
                              This is what you need for amazing tone:

Comment

This is what you need for amazing tone:

https://www.musicgoround.com/product...iABEgJh3fD_BwE
                                I was hoping for a rack version because that era supposedly had all the ToAnZ! Am I right?
                                The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Working...
                                X