The Tone Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bogner View Post

I was hoping for a rack version because that era supposedly had all the ToAnZ! Am I right?
    That's right. No rack = not a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post

That "measuring stick" can be utilized in various areas...

The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

This is what you need for amazing tone:

https://www.musicgoround.com/product...iABEgJh3fD_BwE
        I want to play that on stage but use a DI and profiler secretly.
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

That "measuring stick" can be utilized in various areas...

That's right. A rack is required for all professionals.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

I want to play that on stage but use a DI and profiler secretly.
            RUSH does something similar

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

RUSH does something similar

Those youngsters might want to pick up a couple a horns, because everyone knows, three guys does not a band make.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

Those youngsters might want to pick up a couple a horns, because everyone knows, three guys does not a band make.
                Yeah, whats up with that guys voice? they'll NEVER make it -wasting their time.
                “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

Yeah, whats up with that guys voice? they'll NEVER make it -wasting their time.
                  The drummer is a bit busy.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

The drummer is a bit busy.
                    yeah, can he even keep a discernible beat? doubt it.

Comment

Thank god....my journey through this thread was not in vain. She is toned.
                      Originally posted by Bad City
                      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

It does in Canada, but mostly because if you find two other dudes willing to go out in the cold to jam, you need to call it a win and move on.
                        Originally posted by Bad City
                        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Does the rack need to have cosmetic trout pout to be professional also?

Comment

I chase tones that fit songs and vibes, but not specific tones of other people. My Kemper is the perfect tool to get me there.

Comment

I'm not really into chasing tones, but rather nailing tones.

Click image for larger version

Name:	holydiversolo.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	6150377

Comment

We are all tone chasers in our own way. The hunt never seems to end and that can be inspirational at times and frustrating at others. This thread is for the chasers that became catchers of the sound in their head and the story and or listing of the gear that was involved to accomplish that endeavor.
                                Not any more. I've been beaten into submission. Gear whoring was something that ended some time in my 30s. Spending money on gear to inspire my playing was just feeding a bottomless pit. I would say something like "I have to make my playing worthy of this gear", but really spent 80% of my time tweaking.

Everything I try I can usually find something that works. And if not, throw my SD-1 in front and it sounds good. Goose the front with an SD-1, some delay, and thats my sound.

I think I learned my lesson when I bought an old used Peavy Bandit. There wasn't anything to tweak and I liked how it sounded, so I just started learning songs instead.

Last edited by Top-L; 02-10-2022, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X