NAD - Frankly I am impressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
    What was the point of the padded covering?
    If you stumbled and knocked your skull on one, you wouldn't wind up with a big gash and bleed all over your equipment.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

How much gain does the Carvin have? I never tried one. Is it like a JCM 800, Dual Rect, 5150...what's it like?
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        How much gain does the Carvin have? I never tried one. Is it like a JCM 800, Dual Rect, 5150...what's it like?
        I am a high gain guy and with the boost it has more than enough gain for me. I would put the level of gain in the neighborhood of a hot rodded JCM 800. It is not overly fizzy but has a characteristic in the distortion reminiscent of a 70's ground-to-diode stomp but more compressed definitely tighter. It is a very easy amp to dial in, I haven't even futzed too much with the EQ yet. A metal guy would have no problem gigging with this amp.

Comment

Cool, glad you got your X100B!
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

I am a high gain guy and with the boost it has more than enough gain for me. I would put the level of gain in the neighborhood of a hot rodded JCM 800. It is not overly fizzy but has a characteristic in the distortion reminiscent of a 70's ground-to-diode stomp but more compressed definitely tighter. It is a very easy amp to dial in, I haven't even futzed too much with the EQ yet. A metal guy would have no problem gigging with this amp.
            How loud can the dead clean sound get?

Comment

How loud can the dead clean sound get?
              One of the complaints about this amp, and I don't get it is there is no break-up on the clean channel. People have compared it to a larger Fender that you can crank and it is still clean and clear. For this reason, even when Vai moved to Marshalls for his DLR gig he still used the X100Bs for his clean sound.

Comment

One of the complaints about this amp, and I don't get it is there is no break-up on the clean channel. People have compared it to a larger Fender that you can crank and it is still clean and clear. For this reason, even when Vai moved to Marshalls for his DLR gig he still used the X100Bs for his clean sound.
                Oh cool, that's the kind of clean I like.

Comment

Yeah - in that genre, and amp zone, it is usually (but not always) pristine clean, or filthy dirty
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Oh cool, that's the kind of clean I like.
                    I am warming up for practice and gave the clean channel a decent run. Very sparkly and descent reverb. When I assigned the 5-band EQ to the clean channel there was unlimited tone shaping. No buyer's remorse with this rig.

Comment

I used to love the clean channel with a Metalzone into it and the 5 band assigned to it.

Comment

Interesting. Same issue with my Laney Ironheart. Is it biasing problem, too cold? Maybe someone with expert opinion can take a break from the shytestorm at the other thread and help a noob.

Comment

It is not a bias issue or a fault in the amp. The X100B has tons of clean headroom by design. I love it and wouldn't charge it if I could

Comment

What speakers are you running it through?

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                              That's heavy. Almost sounds like it was recorded at 30ips and played back at 7.5ips
                              They are pretty much as heavy as it gets.
                              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                                What speakers are you running it through?
                                It has Celestion G12m-70s in it. They sound great even though cork sniffers look down on them. I might throw my Celestion black-backs with the Pulsonic cones in there when I get a chance. I am in no rush the cab sounds great.

Comment

Working...
                                X