Any Fryette Love?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Fryette Love?

They make awesome stuff. Who else is a big fan?
    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

I've heard their power station is killer. But I haven't tried anything of his personally.

Comment

Awesome amps and power amps for sure. The Power Stations are great. I just picked up the Fryette Power Load IR Reactive Load with Speaker Cabinet Simulation.
      The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Very proud D60 owner here! Kicked myself hard for a long time for not getting one when they first launched in 05, then last year I was hawking craigs/reverb/ebay like usual and one showed up for just over a grand in like-new condition,,,,,,,,and even better it was one of the first dozen units from 05, of course with the choke. We made a deal and I no longer have to kick myself to sleep every night.

Absolute crunch monster!

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
          Very proud D60 owner here! Kicked myself hard for a long time for not getting one when they first launched in 05, then last year I was hawking craigs/reverb/ebay like usual and one showed up for just over a grand in like-new condition,,,,,,,,and even better it was one of the first dozen units from 05, of course with the choke. We made a deal and I no longer have to kick myself to sleep every night.

Absolute crunch monster!
          I had an old D60 as well and loved it. Great bang for the buck back then. I sold it (regrettably) for something but I remember it really making sense at the time. I since have purchased a new revision D120 and really like it as well. I wouldn't mind having an old 60 as well.

Comment

One of my favorite players, David Torn, sounds amazing with them. I never had a chance to try them yet.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Played a Sig:X years ago, and it stands as the greatest amp I've ever played through. I think the Deliverance 2 with the effects loop is potentially my desert island amp.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                One of my favorite players, David Torn, sounds amazing with them. I never had a chance to try them yet.
                Typically people either really love them or don't get on with them. They are very honest amps.

Comment

What was Fryette's first product? Back on the Plexi Palace forum in the early 2Ks his name started popping up, but don't remember...

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
                    What was Fryette's first product? Back on the Plexi Palace forum in the early 2Ks his name started popping up, but don't remember...
                    Fryette was VHT before he became Fryette.

Not sure of his first product but it was probably a pitbull amp of some variant. All of his stuff is solid and he has also taken over the Sound City stuff. He is legend and knows his stuff, makes a proper product that is built well and handles business. I have nothing but respect for Steve Fryette.

Comment

I think Steve was making the rack-mount power amps before anything else. Those were from the 80s and I think he started working on the Pitbull series in the early 90s.

Comment

Ahhh yes.

Comment

Man I'd love to have one of the new Power Stations (probably the one with the 6550 tubes).
                          Those things really do it all, and with the whole pedal-platform thing becoming so popular, it's not hard to see why they are having trouble keeping up with the orders.
                          On the last podcast he really explained well how/why the effects-loop in those is so awesome.

Comment

I've got a Valvulator that I use on my pedalboard. Good stuff.

Comment

I have the PS-2 and love it. I just ordered the Power Load IR and look forward to messing with that as well. One of my Kemper rigs is powered by a Fryette LXII which is an amazing power amp.

Comment

Working...
                              X