WAT

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
      Do you guys ever play your combo amps?
      Or just talk about them?
      "Tips and Clips"
      Just saying.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
      Yeah, but sometimes I cheat and put my combo on a cab...

Click image for larger version

Name:	afterPlayTest.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	6170658

Seriously, I will have to hook all my recording gear up and see what I can put together. Lately I have been lazy and just use the USB interface on my VIP when I need to record.
      I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
        im guessing stvs comment was directly pulled from the language of the thread topic. alters is much more accurate for most things discussed here. and altering the waveform can be a glorious thing!
        Yep . . . that's the point I was trying to get across. Once you start distorting the waveform you've already altered things way past the effect of a cab vs combo. And most of us play with gain most of the time, so I think the OP's point is largely moot.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

Yep . . . that's the point I was trying to get across. Once you start distorting the waveform you've already altered things way past the effect of a cab vs combo. And most of us play with gain most of the time, so I think the OP's point is largely moot.
          This is a good point. add pedals and whos ever going to know the difference in if you chose a cab or combo
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I've actually A/Bed this experiment. Years ago I chopped the amp part out of a 2x12 Pignose combo and used the 2x12 just as a cabinet with the amp in another DIY enclosure. Reason being, loved the sound of the combo amp but it was just a bit too heavy to lug to rehearsals. So yeah, pulled 20 pounds out of the thing. Can't say I ever noticed any difference in sound whatsoever, and for the band I was in I was playing mostly clean.

Flip side was that now the guts of the amp were TOO accessible and I shocked myself several times even with the amp unplugged. Once the kiddo arrived, the chopped up amp had to go
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
            http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
              Even at its cleanest, the whole signal chain for electric guitar has always been a series of filters. I dont think the exact colorations of any one component really matter that much. What matters to me is getting the sound that I want to reach my ears. I wouldnt want a hifi speaker for a guitar cabinet unless I had some pretty baller cab emulation going on.
              I like the directional nature of guitar cabs. Stand where you need to for it to meet your expectations. Hifi would lose that element.

Comment

Working...
              X