YouTube series on Why You love your amp so much

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YouTube series on Why You love your amp so much

I am thinking of starting a YouTube series called Why You love it so much; a series about the amplifier of choice and what makes it tick. The hope is to allow you to understand why you love that amp so much. I am gauging interest in such a series and perhaps some help in direction and schematic procurement. I have many schematics for many amps, but not all of them. The goal is to produce a circuit breakdown that explains how the signal is flowing through the amp and what is going on in order to create the sound you hear. I have 1 video done already but have not yet published it for public consumption. Want to see first if anyone is actually interested in listening to me ramble on about a schematic.

Last edited by Ewizard; 07-08-2022, 09:42 PM.

I say post what you have and ask for feedback. That way, you can gauge interest AND begin to fine tune your production

Comment

I would watch, but I'll be honest -the thing that is REALLY MISSING on You Tube, is a channel breaking down amps features tones and circuitry in an illustrative fashion using graphics to really teach the nuance of the amp circuit.

Watch this channel below and imagine it is a tutorial on your favorite amps circuits with high quality tone examples changing the dials

This guys channel exploded because he illustrates everything -He's now making a nice living just doing great content.

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
        I would watch, but I'll be honest -the thing that is REALLY MISSING on You Tube, is a channel breaking down amps features tones and circuitry in an illustrative fashion using graphics to really teach the nuance of the amp circuit.

Watch this channel below and imagine it is a tutorial on your favorite amps circuits with high quality tone examples changing the dials

This guys channel exploded because he illustrates everything -He's now making a nice living just doing great content.

Is 12 Tone’s content high quality? Yes, but would it be the same without his animated writing on the staff? Maybe no. Is Useful Charts sharing interesting information? Absolutely. Would it be the same without his graphics and illustrations? Not even close.

I agree 100%. Actually I think that the standard Marshall circuit and all the changes it went through, year to year and the evolution of the Fender circuit would both make fascinating series, especially if they were well illustrated with good audio demos.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

Is 12 Tone’s content high quality? Yes, but would it be the same without his animated writing on the staff? Maybe no. Is Useful Charts sharing interesting information? Absolutely. Would it be the same without his graphics and illustrations? Not even close.

I agree 100%. Actually I think that the standard Marshall circuit and all the changes it went through, year to year and the evolution of the Fender circuit would both make fascinating series, especially if they were well illustrated with good audio demos.
          Honestly, the work you see I posted is not difficult or tedious at all -one skill share course and you could do circuits in this illustrative manner.

It looks more intimidating than it is for most people.
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I think it is an excellent idea; however, choose your target audience wisely because some knowledge (and the immense effort it takes to show/exhibit concepts) is wasted and/or too valuable and should only be for those who actually want to learn.

Comment

I got some ideas, I have some work to do though. I pulled the original video for two reasons. 1. as a pilot, it is a bad example of the work I can do. 2. I made some mistakes in my explanation, which need to be redone. I will post a follow up with more accurate recital and production value soon!

Comment

Working...
              X