Because I just had to.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because I just had to.

Ordered this at the beginning of May and today it finally arrived. Sure, I had to walk to the store to pick it up, and then they tried to tell me I hadn't already paid for it.

BUT IT'S HERE!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	crush.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	6183647
    On its own, the speaker is quite terrible. Dare I say worse than the Marshall MS-2. Okay, it's not THAT bad. But I plugged it into my PPC108 and that improved things greatly.

One thing I did notice was the white cable that came with the speaker is now covered in specks of mould, which I thought was weird because none of my other cables has that, but this cable is covered with some kind of rubber maybe? I want to try the usual method of cleaning with vinegar, but if mould can get in, perhaps the rubber is porous enough for the vinegar to get into the cable inside which I suspect is not good for the cable. So if anybody has any ideas about cleaning that, that'd be great.

it came with a moldy cable?

Comment

Comment

One cannot expect miracles, but all speakers tend to improve once they break in.

​​​​​​With the external cabinet option, you should be set anyway. That is one of things I like about my JSX MC. I can use the internal 8" speaker when I am traveling, and then plug in a 1, 2, or 4x12 when at home.
        I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Originally posted by JamesPaul View Post
          That is one of things I like about my JSX MC.
          I had to look that one up... Didn't know there was ever a mini JSX!

Orange amp is interesting. Moldy cable is odd, though. I've been seeing many more reports and pictures of "moldy" (mouldy?) new products lately, not just music gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post

I had to look that one up... Didn't know there was ever a mini JSX!

Orange amp is interesting. Moldy cable is odd, though. I've been seeing many more reports and pictures of "moldy" (mouldy?) new products lately, not just music gear.
            There used to be a video of Joe running thru Summer Song with the MC, but I cannot find it.

I am curious if the increased mold situation is due to the cargo ships sitting out of port all that extra time?
            I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
              it came with a moldy cable?
              No, I've had the cable since I bought a Micro Dark and when it's not in use, it sits in a box. Over the last few months, it has been raining/flooding up and down the east coast of Australia. My place, like many others, has had a few mould infestations. I thought they were mostly contained to just the walls, but I guess not.

Comment

ah gotcha, that makes more sense. still not great but at least ya have an idea why

Comment

Working...
                X