Switch from all tube rig to Hybrid Solid State amp switch initial feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
    Interesting timing on this. I'm trying to decide how my HX Stomp is going to be amplified, and the Powerstage is definitely one of the possibilities. I'd love to hear anybody's experience comparing it to a powered FRFR.
    I used a PowerStage 700 into a Marshall 4x12 with a Stomp, and it sounded great! And it was crazy loud, too.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Beer$ View Post

That’s what I mean. Are there any others as comprehensive as the Origin? Digital doesn’t play nice with my favourite custom OD.
      Just so I know your referring to the right Origin -The Origin Revival Drive is all analog amp in the box pedal

And before GuitarStv jumps in, this pedal is not on a board in front of my on stage -it's locked up out of sight back with the amp. -too many knobs and things to go wrong for it to be out and exposed at a show.

This one

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

Just so I know your referring to the right Origin -The Origin Revival Drive is all analog amp in the box pedal

And before GuitarStv jumps in, this pedal is not on a board in front of my on stage -it's locked up out of sight back with the amp. -too many knobs and things to go wrong for it to be out and exposed at a show.

This one

I know. I am asking if there are any other full amp in a box like the revival drive, or is it the only one of its kind? Most analog amps in a box are pretty much just the preamp circuit with transistors which I feel is only half of the sound compared to the RD. I might have to get one but wanted to know if there was anything else out there because I doubt I’d use quite all those features, though I like the idea of the analog simulated power response as Class D in the fly rig is clean amplification only.
        The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

I know. I am asking if there are any other full amp in a box like the revival drive, or is it the only one of its kind? Most analog amps in a box are pretty much just the preamp circuit with transistors which I feel is only half of the sound compared to the RD. I might have to get one but wanted to know if there was anything else out there because I doubt I’d use quite all those features, though I like the idea of the analog simulated power response as Class D in the fly rig is clean amplification only.

There are lots of AIAB FET pedals like the Catalinbread foundation overdrives, Wampler's pedals, etc... But, yeah, I get what you are looking for, the only other one that really comes to mind is the DSM Simplifier - https://www.simplifieramp.com/simplifier-dlx-1

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post

There are lots of AIAB FET pedals like the Catalinbread foundation overdrives, Wampler's pedals, etc... But, yeah, I get what you are looking for, the only other one that really comes to mind is the DSM Simplifier - https://www.simplifieramp.com/simplifier-dlx-1
            I’m considering one of those AMTs, maybe a Vt2. The Two Notes le lead sounds good. I had an amazing tube Blackstar pedal but it broke down and the circuits are so complicated it’s not easy to figure out what’s wrong with it.

I’m not thinking I’ll get the exact 100 watt modded tube head sound out of the fly rig and what I’m running now is perfectly useable but if my multi-fx goes down, I’d be in trouble.

Revival and Simplifier are about the same price. They sound amazing but I know I’m not going to use many of the features. Maybe I ought to build my own single channel analog amp sim with little less knobs.
            Last edited by El Dunco; 10-24-2022, 10:12 PM.
            The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Comment

I’m considering one of those AMTs, maybe a Vt2. The Two Notes le lead sounds good. I had an amazing tube Blackstar pedal but it broke down and the circuits are so complicated it’s not easy to figure out what’s wrong with it.

I’m not thinking I’ll get the exact 100 watt modded tube head sound out of the fly rig and what I’m running now is perfectly useable but if my multi-fx goes down, I’d be in trouble.
              I have one of these as a backup.

They have different flavors like AMT another is of course Tech21. Worth having it just in case.

Comment

The Compact Hot Rod might do it also.

Comment

I feel like Blackstar's new Amped 1 pedal belongs in this discussion.

Comment

Revival and Simplifier are about the same price. They sound amazing but I know I’m not going to use many of the features. Maybe I ought to build my own single channel analog amp sim with little less knobs.
                    I'm a big fan of the AMT stuff and have used a lot of their products. The SS-30, SS-20, and SS-11 (a or b) are all great as are most of the Legend preamps I've use (P2, C2, D2, and maybe a few more). Haven't tried the Vt2 but I'm sure it's great too. They model the preamps really well, not sure they add any of the power amp personality to it though, more like running a preamp straight o a cab sim. The clean channel on the Legends does not have tone controls, fortunately it sounds good as is. The gain channels have a lot of gain, but there isn't much in-between crunch, but, that's probably not what you are looking for.

The Tech 21 stuff is awesome too and probably adds a little more of the power amp flavor in, I really like the RK5 and the FR5 (wish they kept the loop on the RK5). I hate that they quite making the character series single "amp" pedals, now everything is grouped with other effects, none of which really thrill me.

Now I pretty much do everything with a GT-1000 for direct or use it for effects with an Amp1 Iridium when I want an amp. The effects are great, may add an analog dirt pedal in for using the amp, although it's probably more in my head than in the sound.

Comment

The Compact Hot Rod might do it also.
                      Had to look that one up, sounds like it would, well, better for the price. Probably takes boost/dirt pedals well too.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post

Had to look that one up, sounds like it would, well, better for the price. Probably takes boost/dirt pedals well too.
                        Too bad both cost almost the same as an entire amp head here! The Two Notes Le Lead seems to be the winner. Real tube,1/3rd of the price.

Comment

Too bad both cost almost the same as an entire amp head here! The Two Notes Le Lead seems to be the winner. Real tube,1/3rd of the price.
                          I've heard mixed reviews on it, but worth a shot, always looked interesting to me when I was on a preamp search.

Comment

Nice results! I find there's a lot of guitarists that struggle with this concept of low end frequency. It sounds awesome when you're by yourself to have lots of low end thump. But put it in a band mix and suddenly they're stepping all over where the bass and kick play resulting in a muddy mess. I got fired from a band once when I was playing bass because the drummer and I told the guitar player to turn off the "Deep" switch on his Marshall head. Suddenly the low end cleared right up and the drummer could hear my bass clear as day. Guitar player was so butt hurt over being told to alter his tone that he fired me from the band a week later due to "creative differences". lol
                            -
                            My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

I use AMT SS-20 into Stereo ISP Stealth, I don't feel like I need to buy a tube amp, my only concern I don't know what the future will be for AMT as they are are made in Russia, maybe I need to buy another one as a backup.
                              Who took my guitar?

Comment

So I ran into a friend who plays with Billy Duffy, and he reminded me that this is basically similar to Billys approach -Vox AC and Roland Jazz mixed
                                “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Working...
                                X