No announcement yet.

Opinions on Orange TH30 and Marshall JCM2000 DSL100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't be worried about running the DSL into 4 greenbacks, I used to run my Mesa Road King into a 1960a with greenbacks.

Comment

JCM 2K UK DSL > Vietnam DSL

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post
        JCM 2K UK DSL > Vietnam DSL

Comment

Tastes just like chicken.
          You must be a Millennial because Will Smith is a punk-azz kid to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
            Kinda sounded like a slightly less fuzzy more tube-y Big Muff. The attack was too round and tubby. Not very modern, I think. JMO.
            That has been my exact experience when playing Oranages. That being said I love the tone. I just can't seem to make it work under my fingers. When I hear someone playing an Orange and making it work I am always blown away by the tone of the amp.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

That has been my exact experience when playing Oranages. That being said I love the tone. I just can't seem to make it work under my fingers. When I hear someone playing an Orange and making it work I am always blown away by the tone of the amp.
              I've wanted to like them. I've given them a chance. I've owned a Dark Terror, a TH30 and still technically own a PPC112, LOL. I used to play in a band with a friend who has a Rockerverb and a PPC412.

I don't like the looks. Or the association with the whole doom stoner thing. No offense to anyone who likes that. Just not my thing.

The Rockerverb, TH30, and Dark Terror all sound nice with a boost, but for the tone I'm going for, there's better stuff. They're not cheap either. Especially not the Rockerverb. For the price of Rockerverb, there's so many amps I'd have first. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice amp, but for what I want, an EVH 5150 is better and cheaper, IMO. Not far off quality-wise either. Plus I find it kind of an oxymoron because reverb is not really rocker-y LOL. Plus the reverb isn't all that great. Me and my friend who own the amp found the reverb on his tiny Blues Junior much nicer.

Their cabs sound good in the room, but I've never been a fan of how they mic up. Really hard to point the mic, first, because of the thick grille cloth. And they've always got this slightly boxy, tubby, hollow, slightly phasey thing going on in the low mids under the mic that I don't really notice in the room. Plus the whole wood skids no wheels thing is kinda ridiculous, IMO. Especially with cabs that heavy.

JMO. Sorry for my rant. And sorry to derail the thread, LOL.
              Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 12-10-2022, 08:32 PM.

Comment

I own a TH100 and it's got nicer cleans. But the dirt channel on the JCM2000 DSL100 was so much nicer and fatter.

I traded the JCM2000 with a DSL20HR + cash since I still prefer my SLX over the JCM2000 for metal. The cleans on the TH100 gives me variety.

Sent from my 2201116PG using Tapatalk

Comment

Last edited by JMP/HBE; 01-10-2023, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X