Apex matched tubes different tape colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mikelamury View Post

I've actually got 2 other sets with red tape as I look through my drawer, I have a set of EL34's with a current of 36 and transcond. Of 7750 and a set of EL84's with a current of 32 and a transcond. Of 9990 are either of these seem out of spec?
    On paper...

EL34 should be about 10000 - 11500 mhos transconductance, 70mA - 100mA plate current

EL84 should be about 9000 - 11000 mhos transconductance, 44mA - 64mA plate current.

Have you tried any of the red tubes to see how they work and what they sound like? Do they operate as expected in an actual amp?

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

On paper...

EL34 should be about 10000 - 11500 mhos transconductance, 70mA - 100mA plate current

EL84 should be about 9000 - 11000 mhos transconductance, 44mA - 64mA plate current.

Have you tried any of the red tubes to see how they work and what they sound like? Do they operate as expected in an actual amp?
      No I haven't tried any of them in my amps but when I change tubes I plan on using the EL84'S but I don't know how soon that will be. I'll let you know when I do change tubes.
      It's funny how some stories became historic,
      especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
      But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

Working...
      X