No announcement yet.

Mesa Mark VII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to buy a Mark V Next.(couple months). It seems like the Mark V has alot more features than the vii and the only thing it's missing is midi and the new extreme mode. Couple hundred dollars cheaper too. Yes the next amp I get is going to be a Mark V. With this captor x I can actually use a full size amp!
    It's funny how some stories became historic,
    especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
    But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mikelamury View Post
      I'm going to buy a Mark V Next.(couple months). It seems like the Mark V has alot more features than the vii and the only thing it's missing is midi and the new extreme mode. Couple hundred dollars cheaper too. Yes the next amp I get is going to be a Mark V. With this captor x I can actually use a full size amp!
      I came to the same conclusion. The V is more amp than the VII.

But also I believe these amps are for Mesa Boogie afficianados. The difference between the high gain modes is lost on me. They all sound like Metallica. If I was getting one, it would be the JP2C.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikelamury View Post
        I think it is a smart move. The V has some good features (I mentioned those above) that don't come on the VII, and I could live without the 'upgrades'.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          Apparently these didn't translate from the Mark V:
          Mark 1 and Tweed
          Channel Voicing Switches
          Solo+Mute, Output Master, Tuner Output
          True Class A 10W single ended mode
          Triode/Pentode in 45W mode
          Diode/Tube Rectifier
          Variac Power
          Loop Send Level and Hard Bypass
          Slave Output+Level at speaker jack
          Graphic EQ Presets
          Yup! Me and my other guitarist (Which we both have Mark V's) noticed that instantly what you noted! And they increased the price even more!?

Very happy with the Mark V and is a very different sound than my 1995 Mesa Tremoverb but it's nice to have the variety and the nice variety of sounds with the Mark V!
          Charvel Model-5fx EMG 85/SA
          Epiphone Les Paul Custom Korean SD JB/Jazz
          Custom Made Ernie Ball Musicman Copy Dimarzio Super Distortion's
          2019 EVH 5150 III 50 Watt Head 6L6
          1995 Mesa Boogie Tremoverb converted to Head
          Mesa Tremoverb 2x12 cab (factory Vintage 30's) converted to closed back
          Marshall 1960A 4x12 (2 Celestion G12T-75's and 2 WGS Retro 30's X patterned
          Pedaltrain Mini: Currently on pedalboard: ModTone MT-CB Clean Boost, Zoom MS-70CDR, Korg Pitchblack Tuner)

Comment

Originally posted by Charvel1975 View Post

Yup! Me and my other guitarist (Which we both have Mark V's) noticed that instantly what you noted! And they increased the price even more!?

Very happy with the Mark V and is a very different sound than my 1995 Mesa Tremoverb but it's nice to have the variety and the nice variety of sounds with the Mark V!
            Yeah, I think a Mark V is a better amp (spec-wise).
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Judging an amp by a spec list is like judging a pickup sound by its DCR/magnet. But still I agree, the choices seem interesting.
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Ola posted a clip where he compared it to a JP2C and a real IIC+, and they all sounded spot on. So at least if you plan to do some recording with it, I think it can be set to be pretty damn usable.

Comment

Working...
                X