Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
    they are as heavy as a tube amp
    Yup. Even my first and second Bandits (65 and then a Solo 75) back in the late 80's and early 90's were boat anchors.

I'm picking up a Boss Nextone Stage 40 combo with the GA-FC footswitch today for $250. Talk about a deal. Check out what they go for new. The amp weighs less than 30lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
      I was just at my Mom & Pop, and they had a Bandit Sheffield 1x12 in excellent shape for $225.
      I swear I posted "You can play about anything on one of these"

Click image for larger version

Name:	nswlhy8geebd1lmevmys.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	6269106
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Those Bandits (specifically that one) sounded fantastic!
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

IME, the downfall of the Bandits was the cab/speaker choice. But otherwise, fantastic-sounding amps, especially if you plugged them into a serious cab!

There was a head version of those, right? Was it call tlhe Supreme? I know the XL and the XXL were the last couple of head versions of the Transtube stuff.
          Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 02-01-2024, 12:21 PM.

Comment

The guy I know who got the best VH1 sound I have heard got it from one of those, if memory serves. Great little amps.

Comment

Yup. That Bandit is great. I played through one of those for a little while (borrowed) and when the Marshall I had at the time went down. Sounded great. I was pleasantly surprised.

Comment

Where's the guy chiming in on the broken Marshall app
                calling thm trash and such
                Or is that reserved only for certain brands
                EHD
                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

theres a marshall app?

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
                    IME, the downfall of the Bandits was the cab/speaker choice. But otherwise, fantastic-sounding amps, especially if you plugged them into a serious cab!

There was a head version of those, right? Was it call tlhe Supreme? I know the XL and the XXL were the last couple of head versions of the Transtube stuff.
                    There are so many slept on amps that sound absolutely crushing if they’re just paired with even just a half decent cabinet and then great amps that come with an okay cabinet

(Randall RH200G2) and simply upgrading to better speakers than the Celestion Seventy80s and it sounds 10x worth its price. Seriously, it gives everything every super modern metal guitarist wants, incredibly tight hi-gain that’s not fizzy, muddy or thin without requiring any extra pedals to tighten the sound at all (years before djent was even invented!), lots of control with two flavours of gain, separate voicing switches, a contour knob and so much clean bass on tap. Even the clean channel was really nice and had a footswitchable clean boost.

I almost regret selling it, although I technically don’t need it. It absolutely did more than a serviceable job for my industrial thrash metal band for years and years and I would recommend any guitarist that wants a real halfstack that you can plug directly into and get a truly killer sound from classic to death metal with the option of pristine to pushed clean and do everything you could need to be heard and make changes to the core sound and effects from the footswitch, look no further.

They’re still so slept on they can he had inexpensively on the used market. Technically, I think they’re loosely based on a super hot-rodded Marshall circuit so my JVM now takes the role the Randall took, being a literal hot-rodded Marshall with the components, tubes and speakers fine-tuned to tight, searing weapons-grade metal tone . I also still have a rarer Randall in my collection for a super, brutal, cold chainsaw that just slays left and right blended with a tube monster like the recto or even just on its own with its overabundance of bass and active mid control.

Check out this dude running into Vintage30s. I can’t think of a quintessential, multi-thousand dollar amp it can’t hold its own against. Its an absolute no brainer for zero compromise on almost zero budget

The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

• Originally posted by El Dunco View Post

There are so many slept on amps that sound absolutely crushing if they’re just paired with even just a half decent cabinet and then great amps that come with an okay cabinet

(Randall RH200G2) and simply upgrading to better speakers than the Celestion Seventy80s and it sounds 10x worth its price. Seriously, it gives everything every super modern metal guitarist wants, incredibly tight hi-gain that’s not fizzy, muddy or thin without requiring any extra pedals to tighten the sound at all (years before djent was even invented!), lots of control with two flavours of gain, separate voicing switches, a contour knob and so much clean bass on tap. Even the clean channel was really nice and had a footswitchable clean boost.

I almost regret selling it, although I technically don’t need it. It absolutely did more than a serviceable job for my industrial thrash metal band for years and years and I would recommend any guitarist that wants a real halfstack that you can plug directly into and get a truly killer sound from classic to death metal with the option of pristine to pushed clean and do everything you could need to be heard and make changes to the core sound and effects from the footswitch, look no further.

They’re still so slept on they can he had inexpensively on the used market. Technically, I think they’re loosely based on a super hot-rodded Marshall circuit so my JVM now takes the role the Randall took, being a literal hot-rodded Marshall with the components, tubes and speakers fine-tuned to tight, searing weapons-grade metal tone . I also still have a rarer Randall in my collection for a super, brutal, cold chainsaw that just slays left and right blended with a tube monster like the recto or even just on its own with its overabundance of bass and active mid control.

Check out this dude running into Vintage30s. I can’t think of a quintessential, multi-thousand dollar amp it can’t hold its own against. Its an absolute no brainer for zero compromise on almost zero budget

Oh, yes. The G2's and G3's were fantastic. I was in a band with a guy with the 2x12 combo version, and even through the semi open back cab with the lousy speakers, it sounded crushing. A bit too bass-heavy, though, but fantastic if you knew how to tame it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
                        Oh, yes. The G2's and G3's were fantastic. I was in a band with a guy with the 2x12 combo version, and even through the semi open back cab with the lousy speakers, it sounded crushing. A bit too bass-heavy, though, but fantastic if you knew how to tame it.
                        Yeah man! They’re a “more bang than it has any right to have” for your buck amp. I do have one song published that solely used that amp, just a beta 58 where it sounded best for everything, including lead, recorded straight to one of those RADAR type hard disk recorders that used a computer hard drive, but functioned more like tape than a DAW the way you would set up punch-ins. Anyway, I really like that tone. I think it’s super concussive and shows how tight it can get with the breakdown/lead-break/chug-fest at the end.

The device doesn’t have the “cheat” copy/paste/micro-precise editing a DAW does that’s worth doing instead of just playing really tight, punching in or doing it again if you mess up, like with tape. Everything is just one take each. It wasn’t particularly difficult.

I believe it was my first song I recorded my brand new at the time G&L L2500 USA bass and you can probably tell I had a lot of fun with it, truly awesome growl of both MFD humbuckers in parallel

This is an unreleased track composed in 2009 by El Dunco of @fragmentametal & F.M. The track has Linkin Park vibes and was created for a bit of fun. Song Credits: El Dunco: composition, mixing, mast

The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Working...
                        X