No announcement yet.

PRS MT100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I have'nt spent enough time with a 5150 (actually only played the 6505 & 6505+) but no ..never got a Recto tone out of one.. they do have low end galore but not Recto depth..still ter may have been some way if I'd really scooped out the mids or something..

I can't bring myself to listen to mp3's on a computer ...my ears are atuned to my big stereo

The cops do drop by every few months or so at the behest of my neighbours (I've noticed KIng Diamond especially gets to them ) but eh, it's worth it
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

I think many people disregard the 5150 becaus it's the "defacto" Metal amp that's been so overused. I can relate to that. It's not my dream amp, but it is the defacto Metal amp for a reason. It can be made to sound good pretty easily.

But at the same time, Heartwork sounds nothing like rEVOLVEr either, IMO. Plenty of tones can be had from a 5150.

Then again, even if Mesa is not the apex of high-end quality, Rectos are indeed built much better and with better components than Peavey. They always have.
      Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 11-09-2023, 11:42 AM.

Comment

The MT-100 will be $800 used so ya never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
          I wouldn't be surprised if an Uber takes inspiration from both to some extent circuit-wise.
          While sound-wise the Uber was inspired by the Recto, the circuit has basically no commonality at all (no 32k cold clipper, totally different tonestack, totally different power section).

Comment

Originally posted by Cynical View Post

While sound-wise the Uber was inspired by the Recto, the circuit has basically no commonality at all (no 32k cold clipper, totally different tonestack, totally different power section).
            I had no idea.

What is the Uber based on, then?

I knew the tone stack was very unique. Same as the presence knob.

Comment

As far as I've ever been able to tell, the Uber isn't really "based on" anything. There's a bit of Mesa Mark DNA in the gain staging (but it doesn't have a pre-gain tonestack, so it's totally different as far as that goes), the tone stack is based on some of Bogner's old Marshall mods but with tweaked component values, and the negative feedback loop design in the power amp was totally original and unlike anything else out there (although supposedly some Diezels use the same design nowadays), using a custom-designed inductor and a fixed depth circuit in really strange ways.

Comment

Those cleans sounded nice in that first demo.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post

I think a Recto really stands apart tonewise, shared DNA or not....It totally has it's own thing going....most other modern high gain amps (excpet Marshalls..also very distinctive) can be dialled in to sound reasonably close to each other

I was ten 40 years ago ... and no I really have'nt heard a thing by Creed (or Tremonti) to date.

You must not get out much Bro.

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post

You must not get out much Bro.

Comment

Im sarcastic alot but in all seriousness if MT wants to endorse guitar or amps i say good for him.
                      Ive had 2 of his PRS Tremonti SE's and they are fine guitars and his 10 tops are super nice.
                      Im not 100% into his drop tune stuff but im sure the amps are nice.
                      Mark takes an interest into his products he sells and not everybody does that.
                      Case & point the Keith Urban guitars were / are absolute HSN garbage.s

Comment

QUOTE=JMP/HBE;n6257948]

.[/QUOTE]​

Haha....maybe not. .if I do go anywhere it's to a metal gig at a club or pub somewhere. Even if I have heard any of ^^ that stuff anywhere I would'nt know (or care) who they were or what I was listening to...

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Thats why you live under a rock because anyone that would suggest Tremonti or Creed hasn't been relevant the last 30 years must live under a rock.
                          No offense.
                          I live in a Metro of 3 Million people include 3 Guitar Centers [not a fan] and there are no "Metal Clubs" within 100 miles but plenty of roadhaus / biker bars and every major venue you can think of.
                          Bar bands and those establishments are a great place to get shot or a DWI.

Comment

I never said he was'nt relevant , I just haven't heard anything they;ve done (not my area of interest..) ...at least not knowingly ...the way I don't know a thing about Bieber or Miley Cyrus either.

And don't mention population ()

12.3 million in my little town here in southern India.

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                            X