banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Righteous Amp Alert! Gibson GA15 (Mincer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Righteous Amp Alert! Gibson GA15 (Mincer)

Hey Dave...I was almost thinking of selling my Fender Pro Jr. and jumping on this.

Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

The only time I have seen Gibson amps used by a pro is Rick Nielsen and he had a great tone.

Comment

I've never actually tried one, so I don't know if it is worth it. I don't like that the knobs are on the bottom back, but love that it has reverb.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Never heard anything but praise for these. Including the Reverb.

They were originally the Trace-Elliott Velocette, but Gibson bought it and rebranded/modified.

Click image for larger version

Name:	36143.jpg?fm=pjpg&w=300&h=218&fit=max&s=5c58a0ba031cfefbc6fd34f064cf438c.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	6263618

Click image for larger version

Name:	h75nlyif6elbxgy9l9g8.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	6263619

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          I've never actually tried one, so I don't know if it is worth it. I don't like that the knobs are on the bottom back, but love that it has reverb.
          In Tarpon, it's worth a drive to test out.

Comment

that looks like a sweet amp! i loved some of the others in that series

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
              that looks like a sweet amp! i loved some of the others in that series
              I really loved the one I played. Nothing stylistically I'd want/need, just a neat to have.. But just a cool little tone machine. My Pro Jr. does this job for me.

Comment

I've played one. Bright amp that sounds really nice clean. On it's own it seemed to sound best with low output humbuckers for jazz or clean blues, but I'm sure it would play well with pedals.
                Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                  I've played one. Bright amp that sounds really nice clean. On it's own it seemed to sound best with low output humbuckers for jazz or clean blues, but I'm sure it would play well with pedals.
                  Yep. Definitely for Tuh CLeAnZ for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

In Tarpon, it's worth a drive to test out.
                    Maybe I will. We are playing in Tarpon this weekend.

Comment

Do it Ace! A Gibson into a Gibson amp is way more toanful than a Gibson into a Fender amp!

Also Jimmy Page used a couple small Gibson amps in the studio, I forget which records but I think it was the first 2.
                      "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

Can't wait to hear experience.. I have played wonderful ones and I've played iffy versions.
                        Apparently there was a tremendous amount of variability in components at that time.

But I really loved the ones that I loved! Beautiful cleans and attitude that was not fenderish.
                        What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

Did anything ever come of this?

Comment

Appears not

Comment

Not for me, no...I realized I am trying to fun an acoustic purchase, so I won't get anything until that is funded.

Comment

Working...
                              X