Solid state power and preamp pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solid state power and preamp pedals

I've been using a Quilter overdrive 200 as a poweramp and I'm running a THISHEAVYEARTH Fleshrot vs2 into the effects return. I've been getting great results. Tech has really came a long ways and I'm just curious if anyone else is really into the preamp pedal thing?

I have tried a Palladium into a PowerStage 700 and it sounded as good (and loud) as any amp I've ever tried.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Mincer I've wanted to try a palladium. For high gain metal I've really been happier this way instead of tubes.

Comment

Originally posted by metalmachine1983 View Post
        Mincer I've wanted to try a palladium. For high gain metal I've really been happier this way instead of tubes.
        I don't know if they are currently being made, but if you get a chance, try one. I tried one through a good old Marshall 4x12 and it was huge.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I'm just going to drop this here....

Find what you are looking for at Guitar Center with the GuitarCenter.com site map. Browse by product, brand and more

Comment

Every once and a while I'll run my mt2 through the efx loop. Sounds way better and bigger. But only when I'm in a post 80s Pantera kinda mood.

Comment

It's 2024 and people are still using preamps? Boss IR-200 and an H90 is really all you need to get any amp, cab, and effect these days.
              You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
              Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
                It's 2024 and people are still using preamps? Boss IR-200 and an H90 is really all you need to get any amp, cab, and effect these days.
                The H90 has amp models?

Comment

....all I really need is my 12w princeton, it doesn't even have a mid control...

Comment

I haven't, but I would be if I needed to. Or wanted to. Good sound is good sound.

All the Tube snobs were listening to digital 10 years before they even knew there was digital. And loving it.
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

My line6 spider jam has some good presets in it, it has more bad ones than good, but thats par for the course cause I can dial in tones that I like and save them. Great little practice amp, and at 75w I have gigged with it in a pinch. I prefer real tube tones, but digital ain't bad, at a show I promise you no one there will tell the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post

The H90 has amp models?
                        That's what the IR-200 is for, or now their new mini version the IR-2.

I suppose you could get both from one platform with the Line6 Helix, but the effects aren't as varied.
                        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

That's what the IR-200 is for, or now their new mini version the IR-2.

I suppose you could get both from one platform with the Line6 Helix, but the effects aren't as varied.
                          Does the IR-200 have the same models as the GT-1000? If so, I'd much rather have the models of the Helix, personally.

I'd much rather have better amp models than better effects.
                          Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 01-18-2024, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                            All the Tube snobs were listening to digital 10 years before they even knew there was digital. And loving it.
                            It is funny when you think about it. People buying piles of analog gear to reproduce a digital signal.

Comment

I'm not a tube snob, but I need to narrow the choices I have in front of me, because I'm very dispersive, when I have dozen of opportunities I end up spending all my time trying to decide what to choose, that brings me to more classic chain, single pedals, one simple Amp, no simulation, just my sound, and even so I'm overwhelmed by the comvinations

Comment

Working...
                              X