No announcement yet.

NAD - Boss Nextone Stage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been playing thru this amp a lot today at the house to get more familiar with it, see what it can do. Well, I ran thru a bunch of songs my cover band does and I have to say, I'm real happy with how it responds. It feels very connected like tube amps do. More connected than my Vox AV30 (which is a great amp too). No pedals either, just my Les Paul straight in and the amp footswitch. Ran the lead channel gain full up with the EL-34 power amp setting. Got the B/M/T set where it sounded good and just played. Not a ton of gain like modern amps but it feels like classic KISS or AC/DC levels on that setting. Enough to play lead that style, even blues, but not quite mid-late 80's shred gain levels. Would need an overdrive out front for that. With an OD, I back down the amp gain and let the OD give it the kick. There is a boost in the amp activated with the footswitch that can give it more too depending on how it is set. It can be changed by hooking it up to the computer and editing it but I'm running it in WYSIWYG mode right now. The boost can be pre or post. Since the new firmware version has a Solo mode on each channel I'll leave it as a pre boost. I could easily gig with just the amp and its footswitch, no pedalboard.

Comment

It sounds like a really cool amp. I hope I get a chance to try one.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
      X