Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Cleaning..

Where do I start????

I shifted the old ornate Rosewood cabinet (containing a bunch of useless junk i e. a big old Sony CRT TV, DVD players, Laser Disc Player, VHS (!) player ec) out of my jam room (this one) into a corner of the living room outside to make room for my two new 1x12's & I'm still left with this. Have'nt even pictured my Wall of doom (4x12's/more amps) on the far side of the room..

I have a huge mess in the center. 40+ (maybe 50) guitar's in cases/gig bags all over the room ...so yeah things are getting out of hand. If only I knew wtf to do? Guitar stands? Move them out? , Sell them ..lol?

Anyone else have similar problems? And more importantly ..any clever solutions??
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

That's a nice Laney rig you have there! What speakers are in the cabs and do you have any sound samples?

Comment

First, get a woman in your life.

Second, get a wall rack for those guitars:

Comment

You need a burn pit in the back. Man, how did it get that bad?
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer84 View Post
          That's a nice Laney rig you have there! What speakers are in the cabs and do you have any sound samples?
          Thanks. It's a great amp with some amazing tones & I love it

As for the cabs one currently has a pair of V30's in it. (Bought it that way) & the other has "Pulse PM12S" that are great budget V30 clones (like an old/worn in V30..ie, slightly smoother). I think they're great but since I just got the other Laney 2x12 w/ V30's a month ago I'm swapping out the Pulse's for an Eminence Man O War & Swamp Thang...already have the Man O War , Swamp thang should be here in a day or two..

As for clips, how many do you need?

^^ Sorry but all my clips are lead clips. Those are w/ the Pulse speakers..

V30's are V30's

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            I'm a Slob

Nah...well kinda ...but the truth is I'm just overwhelmed..

Youtube

Comment

How do you fit 40+ guitars 12 or so amps about 8-9 cabs, not to mention thousands of CD's/DVD's/LP's/Stereo equipment/gear etc in a room and then have it look like Masta C's up there

Though the wall rack idea is worth looking into. I've only ever seen the single guitar wall holder's..

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                Mincer I wouldn't dare send you a photo of my junk room it's even worse!

And mine accumulated due to nearly 50 years of not saying no... People give me stuff all the time and a good amount of it is really just junk but I don't have the heart to tell them... I regift as much as possible but somehow it keeps coming.

I can't say I'm cured of GAS, but it's a heck of a lot better than it used to be... That's probably 50% of the stuff.

But what's scary is the things I can't even explain.. I had a rolling full size suitcase that my Yamaha OV1 lived in for years, but I sold it 5 years or so back and was planning on just ditching the suitcase.

Instead when I opened it up I found a 24 channel Peavey mixer in good condition... Which band or friend or good Samaritan contributed, I have absolutely no idea, but I'll hold on to it in case someone shows up at the door :-)

House is going on the market this summer so I'm getting ready to go extremely minimal and you'll probably see post here about how to wean down rapidly.

Phanta thanks for the photo, I'm glad I'm not alone :-)
                What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

Moving a few times over a few years tends to snap you out of hoarding.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Yep I'm ready for change
                    What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

Working...
                    X