banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well that was fun (first redplate tube experience)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah it's dead, but something else seems to have happened as well. After replacing it (dead tube) the amp comes on & works but w/ a loud buzz (50hhz/60htz kinda). Checked all the connections/cables & stuff, it all seems ok. Looks like I will be making a trip w/ it to my tech one of these days
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Made the trip already and just got back w/ the amp. It's working again

Dude just cleaned the socket or tightened it or something anyway he only charged me his bench fee (about $40) so not too bad. Might be my imagination but the amp still seems a bit noisier when idling (nothing crazy though just a bit more noise than before. It's probably he new preamp tube I swapped in. Still, it sounds great so I'll just let things be

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Grabbed the nearest guitar (needed some tuning ) & fired it up. All's well that ends well.

Hope everything works out well for you too Dankstar

Youtube

Comment

Thanks! Those eminences sound great. Do you use that switch on the 609 to roll off highs?

Comment

No I just had it on the "normal" setting. I have'nt really tried/touched the filter switch at all.. maybe I should ..and then post up some video's

Youtube

Comment

Working...
            X