Amp Shipping... Partial Solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Amp Shipping... Partial Solution

Well, as i pointed out in that thread on the gear page, I've been to small claims court a few times and won each time. There is a procedure to follow in small claims. you have to line up your evidence in proper sequence. you are allowed to pass an item to the judge to look at. he does. then he passes it to the other party and they look at it. he asks them if they have an objections to this piece of "evidence". or he'll say, "is this accurate?" anything goes in small claims court. the JP really sets the tone. put on your suit and tie, gety our evidence in logical order and present your case. These JP's are really pretty centered on doing the right thing. It is the plaintiff's job to establish their proof. if they can't, they lose.

digital camera have made this process infinitely easier. I'm just not going to take any more crap off any shipping company. Pictorial evidence from the get go is my new procedure.

When an amp arrives, I will beg the new owner to shoot good pics of the shock sensors and the overall amp packaging, etc. Most will want to comply.

I consider myself smarter than the freight companies. It's up to me to live up to that by packaging well, documenting well and being aggressive on the follow up.

To quote the Who "won't get fooled again! no no"

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

I'd get the non-resettable kind for the outside on three planes and hide three resettable ones inside the box. Slightly more expensive, but it's one way to guarantee that OOPS and Shred-X can't sneak one by ya. This way, the customer can verify visually that the package is intact visually before signing and then can open the box and verify that none of the exterior indicators have been replaced. I'd be willing to pay a few extra bucks for such insurance.

Comment

Yup...the only thing I's worry about is the monkeys with shipping resetting the sensors...at least on the outside.

I'd be willing to pay the small extra amount on a $1000 amp. What's anonther $15 if you're already spending $1k + shipping/insurance?
        My Sound Clips

Comment

I was actually surprised with The Gear Page thread.

There were an awful lot of guys believing that damaged amps were the result of poor packaging & the shipping companies shouldn't be held responsible.

This amp that Jeff sent me was the best packaged item I've ever received...& it sustained the most damage of any item I've received.

Is the such a thing as packaging too tight?????

Oh well....they come tomorrow to retrieve it.

Rewrapping it is gonna be a royal pain is the a$$ !

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
          Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
          FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
          http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

These things look pretty slick....since my Rivera is up on Ebay now..may be a good way to go.

The Rivera's box will be loaded to the gills with peanuts..feel sorry for whomever buys it/opens it... but better than a thrashed amp...

LMK what transpires tomorrow Terry!
            I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Jeff, atleast do the guy that buys the Rivera a favor & put the amp in a sealed garbage bag.

The guy that I bought a Fender Reverb tank from loaded the box full of peanuts without wrapping the tank......friggin peanuts were in every single orifice of the thing!!!!

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
              Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
              FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
              http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

Working...
              X