Looking for A New Amp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Looking for A New Amp.

Im going to go with the valveking, you said you play mostly metal and hard rock, well the valveking i tried sounded very much like a peavey 5150, i really loved its tone.
    Cornford Hellcat
    Peavey 5150 - Marshall 1960A cab

Ibanez 1994 Jem7VWH - Stock
    Fender Strat - Fullshred/Duckbucker/lil59
    Fender Strat - Jb Jr bridge + 2x Fender Single coils
    Fender 1976 Precision Bass

http://www.youtube.com/user/BlueLightRideTV

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
      Find a used Vox Valvetronix 60W or 120W head. They're a very fun and practical amp to own, since you can use them for any tone at any volume level.
      You can dial in any shade of gain you can think of. The FX, tuner, and overdrives are all built in. They're loud as a tube amp on full power, but can be switched down to 6 watts for late night practicing. They're inexpensive and available worldwide too!

I was really on the Vox ADVT train for awhile but after hearing and demo'ing some tech 21's.... They knocked me off the train in a hurry heh.

The VOX is alright but its aweful buzzy and sterile. It does have the feel of a tube amp though.
      Carvin custom strat (P-Rails/hotrails/single - Tuned Eb) -> Pod XT - - 6505+ Halfstack

Comment

The AVT do sounds fuzzy and little, i havent played any Tm-60, my only experience with tech21īs stuff is the sansamp for bass and acoustic, i think i record some parts for bass, well my bass player.
        JJ
        And Heavy Metal For All...

Comment

Working...
        X