banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power Adapters... using a 1.5A AC adapter instead of a 1A....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Power Adapters... using a 1.5A AC adapter instead of a 1A....

Originally posted by Marcel
    A mesa recto should already have a three pin plug (Shucko)
    http://kropla.com/images/plug_f.gif
    Yes, but the UK plug is a different shape, just like the US plug is again a different shape
    Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

I know. But with a 3 to 3 pin adapter everything should work fine
      RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
      TS 7 (modded)
      Hot Rod 50+ XL
      Framus Dragon 4x12
      V-AMP II for practice

Comment

So, the pedals only take the current they need? So I could actually use like a 3 amp transformer as a power supply for my pedals? (I have about a million pedals, and I WAS going to use separate power supplies.. but this is appealing...)

Comment

right ... if you have effects that all take the same DC voltage, including polarity, then you can add up all the current they draw and supply them from a single honkin' source in parallel that can produce that sum total current ...

good luck
          t4d
          gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Originally posted by tone4days
            right ... if you have effects that all take the same DC voltage, including polarity, then you can add up all the current they draw and supply them from a single honkin' source in parallel that can produce that sum total current ...

good luck
            t4d
            +1... there are actually already products of this nature on the market, but as a "non-pedalist" I canīt steer you in any particular direction.
            Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Working...
            X