Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vox AC30CC

Originally posted by chopstherocker
    I see most of you aren't giging musicians are you? I just got back from the Coach House watching my formor bandmate's new group. She was using her AC30CCH. It sounded killer. Great cleans, nice light crunch pushed by a Boss BD-2. This amp has been giged with pleanty of times. I've used it on several myself. I have found no problems at all with the quality of the contruction, or the tubes or anything. This amp is road worthy. Oh and it isn't $1,000 according to an earlier post. They run about $850 brand new.
    Thanks for the info chops, I was more looking into the head as opposed to the combo.

Originally posted by Brow
    My friend has 2 of the Vox AC30CCs (1 with Wharfdale speakers, 1 with Celestion Blues).

The main 'problem' I can see happening witht he AC30CCs in a live situation is the lack of clean headroom. With volume control anywhere above halfway up, the amp started to overdrive. This may or may not be a problem, but it's worth keeping in mind.

The amp also seemed to be very noisy, but that could've been due to several other factors.
    Brow, I am not too worried about actual clean head room. Most of the 'clean' songs we play are a edgey clean anyways(by way of rolling back guitar volume)

And GJ I would LOVE to have a Dr.Z but unfortunately I have no where's to get them around here.
    Originally posted by Kyuss_Rock
    Thats what I like to hear. Family massacre heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by chopstherocker
      I see most of you aren't giging musicians are you? I just got back from the Coach House watching my formor bandmate's new group. She was using her AC30CCH. It sounded killer. Great cleans, nice light crunch pushed by a Boss BD-2. This amp has been giged with pleanty of times. I've used it on several myself. I have found no problems at all with the quality of the contruction, or the tubes or anything. This amp is road worthy. Oh and it isn't $1,000 according to an earlier post. They run about $850 brand new.

I`m gigging with mine!
      (having a break as we are making songs)
      sigpic

Comment

whatever you get, make sure someone in Nova Scotia can work on them in case of repairs, then buy what you want.

Unfortunately, if you read a lot of the amp message boards, the AC30CC's are taking a bit of a hit in terms of reliabiilty. It could just be that they've sold so many of them that a few are going to break. Stuff does break.

hell, AC30's don't exactly have a sparkling reputation of uptime over the last 40 years, now do they? why should the CC be any different?

But, if you want that tone, you take your chances. Or you buy a Matchless or Bad Cat and pay 2-3x as much and with it, get an insane amount of peace of mind.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

OR.........find yourself a used 57 Twin RI and pay 1.5 to 1.75 as much and be truly happy.....I am......anybody wanna buy a Marshall?
          '05 '59 Les Paul RI, WCR Goodwoods
          '06 '58 Les Paul VOS, WCR Fillmores
          '04 '57 Les Paul RI, WCR Moore/Green
          '98 '54 Les Paul Custom RI, SD CS P90/A5
          '01 Firebird V
          '06 '51 Nocaster Relic, SD CS Broadcaster
          '94 40th Ann '54 Strat RI, Antiquities
          '96 '62 Strat RI, Fralin Blues Specials
          '05 '52 Tele RI, Fralin Blues Specials
          '94 Mexican Tele, Broadcaster/Vintage
          '04 Martin HD28V
          '66 Vibrolux Reverb
          Fender CS '57 Twin RI
          Marshall 1987x RI
          Soultone 18w
          Deluxe Reverb RI

Comment

jdm, your point is missing the mark a bit. you have a great amp, but hte guy is talking about EL84 amps, specifically vox stuff. how in the world can you get your tweed to sound like a vox? I gotta learn that trick!

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Originally posted by jdm61
              OR.........find yourself a used 57 Twin RI and pay 1.5 to 1.75 as much and be truly happy.....I am......anybody wanna buy a Marshall?

OK...you've mentioned selling a Marshall 2 or 3 times now...Im gonna bite!

Drop me a PM with the details!
              If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F
                whatever you get, make sure someone in Nova Scotia can work on them in case of repairs, then buy what you want.

Unfortunately, if you read a lot of the amp message boards, the AC30CC's are taking a bit of a hit in terms of reliabiilty. It could just be that they've sold so many of them that a few are going to break. Stuff does break.

hell, AC30's don't exactly have a sparkling reputation of uptime over the last 40 years, now do they? why should the CC be any different?

But, if you want that tone, you take your chances. Or you buy a Matchless or Bad Cat and pay 2-3x as much and with it, get an insane amount of peace of mind.
                That is true, the AC30's were never really known for good reliability. I know the local shop(s) do service on just about all amps. I would really have to check in with if they service vox amps. Thanks Scott.

And Jdm please, please tell me how you can get a tweed to sound like a vox.
                Originally posted by Kyuss_Rock
                Thats what I like to hear. Family massacre heavy.

Comment

Valvetech makes a '63 reproduction head (PTP) for $999.

Comment

Working...
                  X