My completed pedalboard w/'gain options'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My completed pedalboard w/'gain options'

I've been using this pedal board few a couple years now, and recently added the Fulltone Custom Shop Fulldrive II.

Fulltone Clyde Deluxe wah > T. Rex Mudhoney > FDII > Klon Centaur > Dual Switch box that brings in L6 pedals or mutes signal to tuner > 78 ADA Flange > Fulltone Choralflange.

With the Mudhoney doing the thick fuzzed out highgain, FDII creating a lot of options for Tubescreamer sounds, and the Klon supplying thick neutral volume, I can plop this pedalboard in front of any amp, and easily draw up any tone I've ever heard. There's a Voodoo PPII under the shelf, so it all runs dead quiet, and all the pedals are anchored down with industrial velcro, and have lime green zip ties bracing all the wiring nice and tight.

Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Re: My completed pedalboard w/'gain options'

That looks cool

I'm in the process of ordering a 3 channel Looper pedal (for my delay, phaser and chorus pedals) and them I'm building a new pedalboard myself

I get alot of strange comments off guitarists in other bands when I open my current pedalboard and have 3 ODs (FD2, G2D Custom OD, Spina TS9) and a Boost (Fulltone Fat Boost or ZVex Super Duper) all sitting on there.

I feel the same way as you though, I have as many options as I need and can mix and match the pedals to give me anytype of OD/Distortion tone that I want (apart from high gain)

Comment

Very nice Joe! Where's all of your vintage Soundtanks? LOL!
      '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

I understand the Klon is reveared for it's clean boost ability, but how much gain is it capable of?
        || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Originally posted by screamingdaisy
          I understand the Klon is reveared for it's clean boost ability, but how much gain is it capable of?

I've asked that question a million times...I want to know how much actual crunch the Klon will produce into a clean amp.
          If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Damn! It looks very good. All this gives me more and more gas to start building my own pedal board... and I don't have a single pedal yet! I'll have to start from scratch. Yours really looks good and I bet it sounds as good too... maybe I'll have to nick an idea or two from it for mine.
            There are two kinds of people in this world that go around beardless—boys and women, and I am neither one

Comment

Originally posted by screamingdaisy
              The Klon sounds like an extension of whatever amp you put it in front of. It just enriches the sound, and it actually does a good amount of gain, but it's fat and smooth and sounds like a tube amp hitting it's peak. It really takes on the character of the amp. An example would be Robben Ford's tone. The Klon is less of a crunchy pedal, and more of a a buttery smooth gain......like if you went up to your amp and nudged up the volume and gain.

I've been totally surprised at the recent prices these gold ones with centaur pic are fetching on Ebay. Last week, one sold for $767. I bought mine 6 years ago for $240 used, from someone who paid $300. Now, they're instant collectibles, because they're seen as the 'early gold Klons' and the pedal is considered a holy grail overdrive. The hype is true though, it's really a pedal I won't sell because it's the perfect OD.

Comment

The Klon is one hell of a pedal!!!
                Nice board Gear
                Love that ADA you got!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                  The Klon is less of a crunchy pedal, and more of a a buttery smooth gain......like if you went up to your amp and nudged up the volume and gain.
                  Hmmm. That's pretty much what I'm after. All the other OD's I've tried add too much clipping....although that can be cool at times, it's not what I'm after.

I've been totally surprised at the recent prices these gold ones with centaur pic are fetching on Ebay. Last week, one sold for $767. I bought mine 6 years ago for $240 used, from someone who paid $300. Now, they're instant collectibles, because they're seen as the 'early gold Klons' and the pedal is considered a holy grail overdrive. The hype is true though, it's really a pedal I won't sell because it's the perfect OD.
                  I'd sell it and buy a new one.....and a jug of whiskey....and some other stuff.
                  || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Thats sweeeeet!!!
                    To many knobs for me though
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                      The Klon sounds like an extension of whatever amp you put it in front of. It just enriches the sound, and it actually does a good amount of gain, but it's fat and smooth and sounds like a tube amp hitting it's peak. It really takes on the character of the amp. An example would be Robben Ford's tone. The Klon is less of a crunchy pedal, and more of a a buttery smooth gain......like if you went up to your amp and nudged up the volume and gain.

Buddy of mine has two of these things (with the centuar on them) and an original Boss analog delay..he gets the greatest tone I've ever heard in my life. those Klons are freakin great pedals and though the price tag keeps me from ever being able to justify buying one, I really wish I could own one
                      Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
                      It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
                      Originally posted by LesStrat
                      Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Where's your DS-1?

It's hard to be metal in girl pants.

My Gear

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonMIA
                          Where's your DS-1?
                          laugh2:
                          Holding a door open. :6:

Comment

It's hard to be metal in girl pants.

My Gear

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

What kind of board is that?
                              Guitars- Melancon, Paul Reed Smith
                              Effects- Line 6, EMMA, Xotic, EB, Dunlop, Fulltone, Voodoo Labs, Analog Man, Boss
                              Amp- Fender
                              Originally posted by Skullkrusher
                              After comparing the 17inch and 15inch models side by side........I decided to go with the 15inch. The 17inch was nice, but I think it was a bit too big. Anyway........

Comment

Working...
                              X