cant decide which speakers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant decide which speakers.

i am going to be ordering 2 new 12's for my cab. and have no idea which ones to go with. i know i want to stick with eminence for price reasons. but theres too many and the site doesnt have sound clips for them. heres a somewhat description of the sound i am looking for. i play everything from country/blues to classic rock and metal. the cab is open back. i want something with good tight bottom end but that will not get too muddy when i tune down or add alot of gain. the main style of music i play ranges from skynyrd to C.O.C. sometimes i crank the gain up for heavier stuff but not all the time. if i can cover the other 2 styles with them i will be happy. so far i like what i have heard and read about the texas heat. so i plan on buying that one. but what would be a good match for it? any info i can get will help out alot i will be placing the order tuesday.

Re: cant decide which speakers.

I've had good results with Eminence Swamp Thang speakers; paired with some V30's. The bottom/lower-mid frequencies really come out nice, and clear in my 1960B cabinet.

Comment

Originally posted by casblah
      I've had good results with Eminence Swamp Thang speakers; paired with some V30's. The bottom/lower-mid frequencies really come out nice, and clear in my 1960B cabinet.
      no doubt, i have 2 friends runnin that combo & it sounds ****in awesome

but for the question at hand, i would say yeah either a swamp thang or a wizard. The main thing is you're gonna need something to fill out the bottom, you got mids & highs with the texas heat but they got no real bottom end to em

I'm not sure how a wizard would mix though, it's a very brit speaker, so you'd have this mix of brit & american tones, which usually works out great but i've never heard this particular mix
      Originally posted by gibson175
      metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

i thought about the wizard. but the people at eminence said it doesnt work that well in open back cabs. avatar said i should try a black powder or a man o war. they also said a private jack would sound good with the texas heat as well. it would be nice if i could buy 5-6 speakers and just try them out. a friend of mine has a greenback in a 2x12 combo of his that i like the sound of. i just dont have enough to buy celestions. i looked at the legend gb128 but it only comes in 8 ohm.

Comment

Well I asked Eminence about clean-sounding speakers. Don't know if that's what you want, but I told them what I needed and they recommended the Delta Pro 12A. Hope maybe that helps.
          My Music Page
          Originally posted by vinterland
          I don't know how he made his guitar sound like a carnival ride but he managed to.
          Gear: Hot-Rodded ESP LTD EC-100QM; 1972 Fender Twin Reverb; Boss ME-50 Multieffects Board; Ovation Celebrity Custom CS247; Ibanez RX240 two classic stacks and a JB trembucker <- next project

Comment

Scott Splawn is recommending the Eminence Man O War paired with the Eminence Governor and for a 4x12 in an X pattern. IMO the guy has a great ear and I just ordered the set for my new Splawn cab.
            Seymour Duncans I've owned: Dimebucker, '59n, '59b, PG+n, JB, Phat Cat, PGn, Custom, Seth Lover, '78.

Comment

Working...
            X