• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need Some Advice for sustain ideas and some questions bout P.A. Systems

Wow I didnt know that
    Long Live Rock’N’Roll.

Comment

ITs just a lil weird trying to figure out what you need to do some massive shredding, but cant do it as well sicne i got rid of my old amp and used distortion pedals while in the distortion channel to get nasty on the fretboard and just shred, Tubes seem a lil cleaner but are loud and sound great
      Long Live Rock’N’Roll.

Comment

Neck pickups sustain better, too.
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
          Yeah dude, it's super easy to keep a hollow body ringing. The original reason for solid body guitars was to deaden vibration, to eliminate feedback problems.
          I had no idea about that either, but I suppose it makes good sense. However obviously we know that there are always solid bodies that sustain for days... I think the key is having a guitar that sounds good unplugged because if it sounds good and sustains that way, you'll know that it will sustain when it's plugged into a loud amp with some gain pulsing through it.
          • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
          • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
          • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
          • G&L Tribute Comanche
          • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
          • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
          • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

For your PA questions.... it's best to get the mixer dialed in for 0 db of gain then turn you power amps up to the volume required for the setting... this offers you appropriate headroom, and room to balance each channel for the right mix..... As far as Stereo versus Mono, there are alot of factors involved in that.... We have ALWAYS preferred Stereo for the full sound effect, but we played at a club in Hattiesburg, MS and the place was laid out VERY weird... we kept getting natural reverb and delays from the building, so we dropped to MONO and that solved most of that problem.... As far as power goes, you might notice a SMALL amount of volume increase when you go mono, but not much.... You are still running 2 channels, the signals are just bridged.... When you step on the CHorus, Phaser, Delay, or any other time-based effects, Stereo just enhances that effect!

Hope this helped some...
            Allen
            ~ Life In Every Breath~

www.gordonsgroovyguitars.com

Comment

Thanks Allen!
              Long Live Rock’N’Roll.

Comment

Working...
              X