Seymour Duncan Twin Tube ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seymour Duncan Twin Tube ...

Actually, I could play through an amp. But that would mean lugging it around, and working on the mic'ing, trying to get a decent tone at low stage volumes, etc.

I plug into a Pod xt Live, out to a DI box, and the sound tech loves me.

And I am NOT unhappy with my tone. So we're both happy, and my back thanks me, as well as my wallet.
    Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
    Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Re: Seymour Duncan Twin Tube ...

They say the Pods don't work with OD pedals very well, because the Pod's input doesn't respond like a tube amp's front end. Its as if, instead of conditioning and overdriving the signal before it hits real tubes, OD pedals just "confuse" the digital parameters instead. It's not natural. If the Pod's preamp tones are going to sound right, it has to "see" a raw guitar signal.

But...I would think that if you used a flat, "non-preamped" type of clean sound, you could run a "tube preamp" style OD pedal like the Twin Tube in front of it, so long as you weren't trying to get the cascading sound, like a TS9 or DS-1 into a "tube drive" model. But I wouldn't use the Twin Tube that way anyway. I would use it as a standalone tone generator, and with the TS/OD's in front of the Twin Tube.

So actually, adding the Twin Tube to a Pod rig (set clean) may restore your ability to use other pedals. It might be the ultimate Pod enhancement, by being sort of a buffer that can accept other pedals in front of it. I've often thought about what a Pod would do with a good tube preamp in front of it. In other words, could it "get out of the way" and just be a clean eq/fx box if necessary? Or does it have to inject it's fake tone modelling into everything? I'm thinking there has to be an ultra clean input or a "model" that would take the real tube preamp sound and simply pass it on to the EQ and effects.

Comment

Working...
      X