• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: old marshall head

Smells like....troll, actually.

Comment

jumpmarine i have just noticed the big middle transformer is turned with the bulky bits to the back and front and the end transformer on mine is covered with a metal box

peter

Comment

i said further up i had no camera and would get some photos in a week or two when my son comes here do i need photos now when it like the amp in jumpmarine photos.admiralb what do you mean by that statement

peter

Comment

Well, you describe something that might be quite rare (or might be a ripoff)...you know what an EL34 is, but you don't know whether it's PCB or hand-wired, even though you pulled the chassis.

And most of all, you're asking for advice on a guitar pickup forum. There are many amp forums with more knowledgeable folks, some that specialize in Marshall.

Comment

Sounds like a Farshall to me......

You might have better luck posting this at the Plexi Palace: http://www.vintageamps.com/va/index.html
            Last edited by JumpMarine; 10-09-2006, 07:59 PM.
            '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

Here is the deal man...you do not have a JTM45/100. IM not trying to be an ass but none of the old Marshalls had a black face plate, none of the old ones had a fuse holder on the front plate, none of them had the large logo you said yours had...you don't even know if it's handwired or if it's on a PCB, first it had EL34's now it's KT66...come on bro

Im not completely sure what you do have but like I keep saying if you get those pics I can tell you, or just get the serial number...it has one, it's on the chassis...
              If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

I'm with TGWIF on this one. In fact, I'm not convinced it's even a Marshall to begin with.

Chops, 4 tubes doesn't necessarily mean 100 watts. There could be 4 EL84's and it won't be 100 watts. I'm sure you meant EL34's but just makin' sure, bro.

Comment

the circuit boards inside my amp are boards full of small holes the components go throught and soldered i dont know what you call the boards.i didnt say it had el34s then it had kt66s i said it had el34s and i said it had kt66 scratched on the chassis in front of one of the valves.i told you it does not have a serial number. admiralb i think it says this is the amp section.the guy who invented fire have you seen any of these first marshalls

peter

Comment

You have a 1974 or later 100 watt head, if in fact it is a Marshall. It's got a PCB in it, not PTP (point to point) wiring. Now, the serial number is usually stamped on the back of chasis and begins or ends with a letter. If there isn't one, it's not a Marshall.

Pics are necessary.

Comment

...assuming Peter is on the level- it appears that Peter isn't familiar with the term PCB- Printed Circuit Board. He clearly described a tag board- which would make sense in an older Marshall. As a lot of people know, the plexi faceplates crack and are often replaced, as do the badges on heads and cabinets. Although I've never seen a black replacement plexi faceplate- I've seen some doofy lookin' ones (then again, it could be a Park plate...). The logo- again, if you broke the logo off your head and you really wanted people to know you had a Marshall, and the only ones available were the big ones...

But I don't know what to say about the fuse on the front...
                      *Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Man Of The Year" Award*
                      Originally posted by Slash2987
                      Oh c'mon man, quit being such a liberal and actually accept someone disagrees with you.
                      Originally posted by PVFan
                      I'm a good sex man.
                      Originally posted by Grumpy
                      I am just jug the merlot.

Comment

erikh i dont know it is it is the same as the amp in the pictues above.it may not be a marshall maybe it just looks like one put in a marshall casing.i dont think its as late as 1974 looking at the knobs and switches on the front.on the back next to power lead socket it has an old round electrical socket.it is made of the old electrical board stuff they used to use.it has six small holes .one has 200 another has 220 and another has 240 beside them.i will have to get photos as soon as i can

thanks peter

Comment

Originally posted by The Golden Boy View Post
                          ...assuming Peter is on the level- it appears that Peter isn't familiar with the term PCB- Printed Circuit Board. He clearly described a tag board- which would make sense in an older Marshall.
                          Do the components go through the holes and get soldered on the other side on a tag board? That sounds like a PCB to me.

Comment

It does sound like you are describing a tag board.

I have seen and played through a fair number of old Marshalls and I have never seen one like this.

The end result is this...without at least a serial number no one can rally tell you anything about this amp, pics would be great but the number is a must and no matter what you might think...IT HAS A SERAIL NUMBER.
                            If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

there seems to be some sort of pins or something going througt the holes but the components seem to be soldered together on the top of the board you can see it is nearly 4am here in england its to late to unscrew the boards and have a proper look

peter

Comment

Again, get the serial number, post it in the thread and one of us can atleast date it which will help more that you know trying to nail down a model.

Comment

Working...
                                X