old marshall head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: old marshall head

It's a rare vintage 1969 Marshall Valvestate prototype.
    My Sound Clips

Comment

Peter, what color is the board? Brown or green?
      *Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Man Of The Year" Award*
      Originally posted by Slash2987
      Oh c'mon man, quit being such a liberal and actually accept someone disagrees with you.
      Originally posted by PVFan
      I'm a good sex man.
      Originally posted by Grumpy
      I am just jug the merlot.

Comment

chopthe rocker i am not claiming anything i have posted here to try to find out what the amp is.it looks the same as the first jtm45s 100 amps.but going by replys its more confusing.i know photos may help i will try and get them when possible.the person i bought this from has a few old amps and speakers he is selling cheap.he has a old marshall jmp combo with the plastic grill at the top for £65 he has a wem speaker cab and other things.

thanks peter

Comment

I thought I saw a Canadian Marshall with the fuses up front....but no black faceplate.

My '77 Marshall 1959 had "Marshall" & serial numbers all over the inside, on the boards & chassis.

I'm guessing it's a clone

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
          Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
          FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
          http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

puckboy99 it is possible it is a clone.i think its a lot earlier than 1977.the face plates on the front and back are two ply like a plastic material,like guitar scratch plate stuff.

peter

Comment

I cant wait to see some pics of this beast.

Not to completely veer off course here, but how long have you had this amp Peter? Were you the original owner, or did you buy it from somewhere used? Because I've seen pictures of some pretty chopped up vintage marshalls, when guys in the 70's/80's were modding their marshalls like crazy for more gain and such. I've seen pics of 100watt plexis that guys put wood and tolex over the vent so it looked like a 50watt. Why anyone would do this is beyond me, but I guess it could have to do with customizing the amp or fixing shot components. Maybe the fuse on the front is because the one on the back got screwed up, and the novice repairman drilled instead of replaced the busted area?

Unfortunately, we'll never know exactly what it is until we see pictures or get a serial number, but these are all possibilities as to why this sounds like an enigma.
              7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

Top center and top right, two older marshalls. Look similar to those?
                7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

joelap i just bought the amp on sunday it was from a private add.the man has an old jmp two speaker amp for sale for £65 english money.i could not afford it i phoned him the next day and asked him to keep it till next tuesday.he said he will,be i have a feeling he might not.the top and middle amp in the photo you posted look the same except the cab i have is all black with white piping going round the edges.the switches on the one i got are a lot older.the two amps in the photo you posted look like they have something at the left of the two switches that might be a fuse.i have sent marshall an email today to see if its a clone.i dont really as long as it works. one valve is broken and i need a mains lead for a two pin socket. i dont know if it is a special lead.in england we have three pin sockets

thanks peter

Comment

None of the amps in that pic have a black face plate...did you send Marshall the Serial number???

If you just get the serial number I can date it for no problem...
                    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

If you send them the same information you gave us, don't expect them to take your seriously enough to reply to.
                      I've been driving all night, my hands wet on the wheel.

Comment

the guy who invented fire were are not talking about the amps being spot on.why does every word and every thing have to exact.most of the replys you have posted have been the same.there is no serial number.vin why wouldnt they have an idea with the information i sent them surly them know more about their amps amps than anyone else.there is no point in any replying with stupid replys unless they have an idea of what it may be.i have giving all the information i can give

peter

Comment

Originally posted by peter.lenaghan View Post
                          the guy who invented fire were are not talking about the amps being spot on.why does every word and every thing have to exact.most of the replys you have posted have been the same.there is no serial number.vin why wouldnt they have an idea with the information i sent them surly them know more about their amps amps than anyone else.there is no point in any replying with stupid replys unless they have an idea of what it may be.i have giving all the information i can give

peter

just post some photos of your new amp when you can.. photos are worth a million words....

Comment

thanks whofan i will do that

peter

Comment

Im not saying that thigs have to be exact, but there are somethings that are...if you have a tweed Fender it is gonna be covcered in tweed and it's gonna have a chrome plated chassis. The oldest Marshalls had a white face plate and then they switched to gold, none of the old ones had a fuse mounted to the front panel that I have ever seen an they all had serial numbers...

I keep saying it and you keep reading it but post the serial number and get pics asap and we'll figure it out.
                              If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Okay, does everyone agree we need a picture and/or a serial number before we can move on with this conversation?

- Keith
                                Originally posted by ImmortalSix
                                I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Working...
                                X