Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kramer Striker bass

Originally posted by Inflames626 View Post
    I prefer my guitars active for metal, so I like the warmth of a passive bass to offset the traditionally compressed sound of actives.
    I'm coming from pretty much the opposite direction. I like the warmth of passive guitar pups, but the articulation, clarity, and precision of active bass pickups. I'm not entirely shocked that you didn't like the EMG-BTC in your guitar; longcat has one in her Spector and it works great there but doesn't seem like it'd be all that useful in a guitar. Regarding blend vs. dual volumes, longcat and I find it much easier and more convenient to get a specific balance between the pickups with a blend than two volume knobs.

Originally posted by Inflames626 View Post
    How do you find the stacks and noiseless pups?
    I haven't tried the latest generation of guitar stacks (STK-S4 & etc), but I always found STK-S1s lacking compared to an SSL-1 or SSL-2. OTOH, I have a STK-T2 Hot Stack in my Tele and I've used both Classic and Hot Stack for Jazz Bass and they're great. The Tele Hot Stack doesn't really sound like any single I've ever heard, but the Classic Stack for Jazz Bass sounds pretty much identical to a single coil Jazz Bass pickup minus the hum.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Working...
    X