Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chadd
    replied
    Their stuff isn't always my bag, but I love their creativity and the fact that they have their own thing. Iconic alt band if there ever was one.

Leave a comment:

• Clint 55
    replied
    They're the same band lol.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    When I first saw them, they were opening for Rush. So while it was interesting to watch, with some funky grooves....well, there was Rush right after.

Leave a comment:

• Clint 55
    replied
    That's awesome.

Leave a comment:

• beaubrummels
    replied
    First time I'd heard of Primus I was in a band that was opening for them. The drummer's kit took up 85% of the stage and Les and the guitar player were crammed into a 3' x 3' area on opposite sides of the club stage. My band was at the bottom of the bill. There were 200+ people in the club when we played around 8-9 PM. We went back later around midnight to get paid and there were 3 people in the club watching Primus. I think one of them was the drum tech. I thought, "These guys aren't going anywhere." The rest is history.

Leave a comment:

• Clint 55
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Clint 55
    replied
    #thread

Leave a comment:

• PS412
    replied
    Yas

Leave a comment:

• Clint 55
    replied
    #thread

Leave a comment:

• Snake Aces
    replied
    Yeah, if there is one thing I will say about Primus it is that they are extremely talented musicians and tight as a group. I would say they are far ahead of their time.

Leave a comment:

• Clint 55
    replied
    That's how it's always been for me. I tried to force it in high school with their cds back when I only played electric bass and didn't understand music well yet. Then my enthusiasm went away. Now I'm feelin it all of a sudden. Really like the sound of the other 2 instruments. How the drums keep the hats closed a lot and play percussively to let the bass shine and the guitar is fusion-y but really rock and creative.
    Last edited by Clint 55; 08-05-2020, 08:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Snake Aces
    replied
    One of the greatest bass virtuosos to ever live. I do not care for the overall sound of the band so much, but Les can really, really play.

Leave a comment:

• Clint 55
    started a topic Primus

Primus

#thread

Last edited by Clint 55; 08-05-2020, 01:54 AM.
Working...
X