X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, well...

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

How the eff do you break a bass string???

Also, you can solvent wash em to get them back to zingy.... WD40>Kerosene>90% Isopropyl iirc
      "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
        Humans have no idea how much material they shed in any given moment.
        We’re pretty nasty lol

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
          How the eff do you break a bass string???
          Bending the portion that’s wound around the tuner too many times taking it on and off can break the core.
          "Patience is key. Hard work is obligatory. And itís the decisions you make right now, not the habits of the past, that will shape your success in the future." - Janek Gwizdala

Comment

I put an old set of DRs on my jbass the other day. They arent as old as your flats but i dont see how you will break them if you arent doing something drastic to them. I have sets of old flats laying around and i intend to use them again in the future. Precision Flats. I dont even think i could break them by re-installing them but as I said,they arent as old as yours. James Jamerson broke a favorite string and sent it to the company asking if they could weld it or fix it in some way. Like Mr. Jamerson,if u break one you will just have to start over and beat the miniscule amount of brightness out of another set of new yet dead strings. I hear slathering them in mayonaise speeds up the deadening of the already dead strings. Precision Flats are the only flatwounds I have ever used and I dont understand how anyone can be so horrified by the sound of a fresh set. They are brighter when new but rolling back the tone knob a bit usually makes new flats sound like old flats. I put a set of halfwounds on my jazz bass last week and they werent on the bass 24hrs. Theyre in a box waiting to be installed on a stingray next. I have shoe boxes full of sets of old strings and i hqve never broken one re-installing them. I have broken a tuner installing old flats but never a string.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X