How many basses do you own?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too many.

A Precision, a Jazz, a Short Scale, a project P, and a project shortie.

The project basses are toast, need to probably just let 'em go.

Love the ones that play though. Been considering selling the Jazz for some time now. I prefer Precision for jamming, gigging, and composing. The Jazz though has the nasal quality that helps it stick out in a recording mix. Sooner or later I'll A/B the Precision and the Jazz and see if I can nudge the Precision towards that nasal quality with EQ and whatnot. If that works, there's no reason to keep a boat anchor Jazz bass around anymore.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
    http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
      I love those old Washburn AB basses. I used to play them in music stores back in the day, and always wanted one. I still keep a lookout for a good deal on one, but a lot of them have some ridiculous price tags.
      My local music chain store did a warehouse sale every year for registered customers. I found that bass with a missing tuner and ended up getting it for $70. Unfortunately that chain "Dady's Junky Music" go knocked out of the area by GC.

Comment

I used to spend hours hanging out at Daddys when I was a kid. They were one of the few places that didn't kick you out immediately once they figured that you probably weren't going to purchase anything. Which is why, when I could buy something, I got it there.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

1 delux P bass. Affinity body, Warmoth neck, Steve Harris pickup wired straight to the jack. I love the ultra detailed sound of the P bass direct to the jack. I love the Steve Harris pickup too and would recommend it to anyone. It's the best classic modern pickup I've ever played.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Steve Harris P bass.jpg Views:	4 Size:	126.6 KB ID:	6058856
          Last edited by Clint 55; 02-20-2021, 10:10 PM.
          The things that you wanted
          I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
            1 delux P bass. Affinity body, Warmoth neck, Steve Harris pickup wired straight to the jack. I love the ultra detailed sound of the P bass direct to the jack. I love the Steve Harris pickup too and would recommend it to anyone. It's the best classic modern pickup I've ever played.

Click image for larger version Name:	Steve Harris P bass.jpg Views:	4 Size:	126.6 KB ID:	6058856
            I really think the the Steve Harris is an optimal Jack of all trades pickup.
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I think so. I love how it sounds like a classic P bass with the pillowy highs and strong low mids only souped up. Listen with headphones for the tone-assault.
              Last edited by Clint 55; 02-21-2021, 04:28 PM.
              I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                I have one bass a Washburn AB-10 I got on clearance. I use it mainly for writing and to record basslines on scratch tracks, which I would send to my band.
                That is sweet. I don't think I've ever seen one before. So, does it play "acoustically" too?

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

That is sweet. I don't think I've ever seen one before. So, does it play "acoustically" too?
                  It does but not as loud as a hard strummed acoustic guitar. If you were doing an acoustic gig with other instruments you would need to bring something to boost it. I have a little Peavey 20w Micro Bass that works well for those applications.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                    It does but not as loud as a hard strummed acoustic guitar.
                    I was thinking that for practicing at home, maybe late at night, that could be cool.

Comment

It is perfect for late-night practice. It is acoustic just not loud as an acoustic guitar. Dean makes some nice budget-friendly acoustic basses I got one for my Son In Law. Played and sounded fantastic.

Comment

all your bass are belong to us!

except clints, he can keep it. at least until he puts controls on it.

Comment

The Maiden pup haz too much tone direct to the jack. Maybe blower switch?
                          I bought them for you

Comment

blower switch is fine, not having at least a volume knob doesnt work on stage and a tone control is nice too

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                              not having at least a volume knob doesnt work on stage
                              Dang. I'm in the studio tho :P
                              I bought them for you

Comment

i know. and i am basically only on the stage so we have different needs.

Comment

Working...
                                X