What's a good overdrive for a J-bass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

I am not sure, but this might not be a bad idea.
    It’s not. I actually play bass, not just cover them in tape and house paint.
    Last edited by formula73; 10-15-2021, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by formula73 View Post

Seem a bit unnecessarily aggro there man.
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

Seem a bit unnecessarily aggro there man.
        Thank you for your input. I value it very much and will re-evaluate my life.
        Last edited by formula73; 10-15-2021, 09:50 AM.

Comment

I've recorded with the Bad Monkey on bass, and it does work Being a TS-style pedal, it does take away he actual bass and hype the mids, though. I'd think a more broad spectrurm OD would be better.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by formula73 View Post

I was actually gonna ask that....Is Formula Bass a new-is thing or have you always. I have been dabbling in bass for the past ~4 years maybe.
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              I've recorded with the Bad Monkey on bass, and it does work Being a TS-style pedal, it does take away he actual bass and hype the mids, though. I'd think a more broad spectrurm OD would be better.
              It might be but the J could use a bit of midrange in my opinion. I never had issues with it cutting bass. I always found it a bit soft and bottom-heavy for guitar, which was why I eventually tried it on bass.

Comment

Metalzone.

Comment

May I also suggest the Morley Cliff Burton Fuzz Wah. I love mine on bass and guitar.

Comment

I was working on a song tonight and didn't feel like working downstairs, so I plugged a bass into my living room setup. Both the gain channel on my tube driver combo and joyo Taichi provided nice grit to full on distortion tones.

Comment

I'm still praising my EHX Allied Overdrive.

Blend control, two series overdrive circuits with each their gain control.

3-band EQ. I use it for "everything".
                      If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

I will second (or third) an Ampeg Scrambler.

Comment

Working...
                        X