No announcement yet.

Incoming Bass Cabinet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

btw that Charvel was top-mount floyd with a recessed cavity. Neck-thru with a back-angled neck like an LP. Really unique specs. 88 5a or 5b can't remember atm.

Comment

So yeah, 6x10’s is pretty freakin sweet. Hooked up both cabs and rattled the house for a few minutes. For outdoor gigs and larger indoor venues, it’ll be perfect. For everything else, this 2x10 is just right.

And I’m officially official as the new bassist for the cover/tribute band I started with the singer back in 2006. Had stepped away in 2017 not happy with the direction but playing bass on those songs is a lot more fun. Still a lot of the stuff on the list from my previous tenure on guitar. She (the singer) reached out to me about my potential interest in returning but on bass. I figured, why not. Got a few songs to nail down myself but already have 60+ ready to go. First gig back will depend on current bassist’s last. It’s gonna be a send off for him.

Comment

Nice score! Smaller is definitely the way to go for bass these days. I bought a Traynor YBA200 and matching cab which had 210 and a 115 in the same cab. That was a life choice I regretted. Took probably a decade to sell the thing too.

I don't play bass in a band anymore but my bassist bought a Fender Rumble 200 combo about 4 years ago to replace his head and 410 cab setup. He can carry it with one hand and it's been more than enough volume and power for stages both large and small, indoor and outdoor.
        -
        My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
          Nice score! Smaller is definitely the way to go for bass these days. I bought a Traynor YBA200 and matching cab which had 210 and a 115 in the same cab. That was a life choice I regretted. Took probably a decade to sell the thing too.

I don't play bass in a band anymore but my bassist bought a Fender Rumble 200 combo about 4 years ago to replace his head and 410 cab setup. He can carry it with one hand and it's been more than enough volume and power for stages both large and small, indoor and outdoor.
          The bassist in another band I'm in bought a Fender Rumble 500 combo when his Mark Bass combo was at the shop. He needed something and the Rumble fit the budget. Those are great amps.

I'll be keeping my 4x10 and use it when needed. I have a feeling this little 2x10 is gonna have plenty of punch for most places. Plus I'll have DI feed from the head to FOH. And I love the flip-top feature. Reminds me of the old flip-tops from way back. I need to take a pic of it with my CV60's P bass.

Comment

Working...
          X