• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Show Off Your TELECASTERS!!!

I do not have a Tele

But i really do want one !
    Some beautifull Tele's in here !

Where is a good place to start ?
    Fender's MIM $360.00 series or a Tele-clone like a Peavy, Raven West, or similar with better spec's but same price range ?

Raven West home site :

Neck Thru and they usually sell for $300.00 - i keep my eyes on these bids !

ANYONE ?

James
    Last edited by SlowGroove; 03-13-2008, 06:24 AM. Reason: Added a question :
    Stoner Rock and Stoner Metal are interchangeable terms describing sub-genres of rock and metal music. Stoner rock is typically slow-to-mid tempo, low-tuned and bass-heavy. It incorporates elements of Psychedelic Rock, Blues-Rock and Doom Metal into a more repetitive and riff-centred style. Melodic vocals and 'retro' production are also common traits.

Gibson SG Special w. SD A2P's ->pedal board ->Bassman

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezrocks View Post
      I'm definitely enjoying the Warmoth Standard Thin profile on that neck. It really works well with the Highway 1 body, as it fit perfectly in the neck pocket and sounds loud and just great acoustically. I really need to put some pickups in it that are more my style. Look for a new thread of mine on converting this thing to humbuckers...
      Glad to know it's working for you. I like that profile, but didn't like the radius. I like a fatter neck with a flatter board, and a thinner neck with a tighter radius.

What makes my wallet feel warm and fuzzy is the fact that after reading this thread I'm not really gassing for another tele. I'm content on the guitar front right now.
      Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

One more thing, for more teles, some long gone, some still around, here's the link to the first telecaster club thread: https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...elecaster+club
        Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

Butch - nice attention to detail, making ALL the screws on your lite ash esquire relic FLAT head screws... that's awesome!!!

Here's is a pic of a tele that I'm building. Just ordered the body two days ago from Warmoth.

It's gonna be a Tele-Paul. Mahogany body, natural gloss back, creme binding, gibson gold top, 2 duncan buckers, gibson gold bonnet knobs, and a strat neck with rosewood board.

Comment

Originally posted by RockStarNick View Post
            Butch - nice attention to detail, making ALL the screws on your lite ash esquire relic FLAT head screws... that's awesome!!!

Here's is a pic of a tele that I'm building. Just ordered the body two days ago from Warmoth.

It's gonna be a Tele-Paul. Mahogany body, natural gloss back, creme binding, gibson gold top, 2 duncan buckers, gibson gold bonnet knobs, and a strat neck with rosewood board.

The Gold Top finish with that pickguard looks fantastic...
            In the immoral words of the great warrior Poet Ice Cube, if the day does not require an AK, it is good.

Comment

I've always loved the idea of a Gold-Top Tele with a slightly creme-tinted pickguard, a minibucker in the neck... Trying to combine my love for the GoldTop LP and Tele, you see.

But Pastor's right - that's one heckuva combination. Love it.
              Tangado haid! Leithio i philinn!

Hold your positions! Fire the arrows!

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor of Muppets View Post
                This thread is missing a Tele - I forget which forum member it is, but someone has an awesome dark blue bound (Warmoth, I believe) Tele with (again, I believe) an SD Minibucker.

It is a beauty and needs to be here...
                You'll be meaning this then...

Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

wow I think I just **** myself

god I'm getting GAS for a Tele so bad after this thread.....
                  Im very easy to satisfy; just give me a '58 Les Paul, a '52 Fender Tele w/ Bigsby, a '63 Gibson ES-335, a '62 Marshall JTM45, a '59 Fender Bassman, and a dozen or so assorted vintage Fender blackfaces and tweeds to play through and Ill be just fine

Line 6 = tone herpes

Comment

Originally posted by Chris of Arabia View Post

I've just made a mess...again.

You have no idea how much I want that guitar...

In the immoral words of the great warrior Poet Ice Cube, if the day does not require an AK, it is good.

Comment

Here are mine again...

My number one. Bad pic. Wicked guitar. 1992 Mexican Standard Tele, Maple neck, Poplar body. EMG 81b, EMG 85n.

And the Kramer Classic III, GFS pickups

www.lockwireguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post

Very nice couple of Teles Christian. I approve....
                        -Butch

Comment

Here's a shot of my 2006 Am Std with itys JD and APS-1. Still awaiting my parts for the JD wiring...
                          -Butch

Comment

Originally posted by Butch Snyder View Post
                            Very nice couple of Teles Christian. I approve....
                            Thanks Butch!

The yellow one has a good bit of natural wear on it these days, I might have to take a few updated pics soon.

I'll also hopefully have some pics of the new project soon...Im thinking parts will start rolling in hopefully next week!!!
                            Last edited by the guy who invented fire; 03-15-2008, 09:15 AM.
                            If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris of Arabia View Post

Simply - incredible....

What bridge pickup is in there?
                              -Butch

Comment

1/2 of a Kinman Broadcaster set.
                                Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Working...
                                X