Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Show Off Your TELECASTERS!!!

Originally posted by Fender_Punk View Post
    I must say, this has to be the best thread I've ever started!! SOOOOOOOOOO many sexy guitars. Keep 'em coming. Phil: I can't wait to see what you acquire, and I'm sure it'll add nicely to your LP (and the start of your single-cut collection).
    Man I already have 3 single cuts with my godins, but the tele will be a nice touch.

Great looking guitars guys, hopefully I can post a picture of mine by the end of the day.
    - Gibson CS ES339 - Gibson Les Paul Trad - Gibson J-200 Standard - Fender Hwy1 Strat - Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas SG - Takamine E-series Acoustic - Fender Blues Deluxe - Fender Excelsior -

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyGuitar View Post
      Hi,

I'm not sure about what you can and can't get on iTunes (never used it).

My favorites are:
      The Moon Is Fool - his tone there actually drove me to play guitar. The Robert Cray solo in the middle also helped.
      Avalanche
      Hooked on You
      Iceman - the sound on YouTube isn't great but here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihvvf1R_vWo
      Light's Are On, But Nobody's Home

Many claim his tone comes from the combination of the Tele bridge and the bucker in the neck - but if you look at clips the switch is mostly on the bridge pickup.
      Busy downloading them at the moment.
      Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Pretty sure royal mail have lost my telecaster neck so I cant finish it.
        Originally posted by Empty Pockets
        I find it much easier to pay somebody else to nibble them rather than attempt to do it myself.

I mean I've got mad respect for those of you who can get into the positions required for such a task but I'm just not that flexible.

Comment

Just got this today. Pics don't do it justice. Nicer than expected. MIM.

Comment

DazH: I can see playability being a problem on that Tele right now!!
            "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

lol, it's a fretless telecaster is all :P .... well, neck-less.... head-less... tuner-less... less... meh
              Originally posted by Empty Pockets
              I find it much easier to pay somebody else to nibble them rather than attempt to do it myself.

I mean I've got mad respect for those of you who can get into the positions required for such a task but I'm just not that flexible.

Comment

Here's my Warmoth.

Comment

'62 AVRI

It's completely stock, short of the brass saddles and modern wiring right now. I do have a Fralin Blues Special bridge pickup that's tempting but I haven't had the urge to change it.
                  Last edited by Innocent_Bystander; 06-09-2010, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Nothing sweeter than a Tele with binding!
                    "I swear to play the root, the whole root, and nothing but the root. So help me Dusty Hill."

Comment

Both Japanese. Man, I miss the Lawrence Swampkaster T. I never should have sold that **** thing.

Comment

Now how many of you guys are getting involved in the forum pickup poll? The winner so far is a Strat neck pickup, I guess you guys don't really like Teles that much...

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezrocks View Post
                          Now how many of you guys are getting involved in the forum pickup poll? The winner so far is a Strat neck pickup, I guess you guys don't really like Teles that much...
                          Hey man, I voted tele bridge, and I don't even have a tele....YET!
                          - Gibson CS ES339 - Gibson Les Paul Trad - Gibson J-200 Standard - Fender Hwy1 Strat - Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas SG - Takamine E-series Acoustic - Fender Blues Deluxe - Fender Excelsior -

Comment

Originally posted by Juanhanglo View Post
                            That spalted top is awesome.

Comment

Thanks Rocks! I found it in their showcase (Thrift shop at the time) unfinished. I was like "Whoa!" when it arrived finished. I've yet to see as much flame on a spalt top.

I had a maple neck on it for a while, looked better that was about it. Mahog/ebony fatback is on there currently.
                              Last edited by Juanhanglo; 03-23-2008, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezrocks View Post
                                That's what I was thinking. There's all this Telecaster excitement at these forums this year, so I was expecting the new forum pickup to be a Telecaster pickup. If it ends up being a Stratocaster pickup, I may consider sticking it into my Telecaster anyways.
                                Turn me on, Dead Man.

Comment

Working...
                                X