Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: These Boss OS-2s Rip After The Mods All

Originally posted by Davey
    i'll try to get an used one, but i can only check trade sites and not ebay as i cannot buy off of ebay =(

found one for 50$ though..
    That's a pretty good price...You'll still be well under $100 even with the mods and shipping...

John
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

yeah, take a stock ds-1, set the distortion at 3 o'clock & the tone between 10 & 11, and you'll see kind of what i like. Those are my settings but i did some mods to enhance the bass & mids, and make it less robot sounding
      Originally posted by gibson175
      metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

I'm just curious John... have you ever messed around with a Boss OC-2 Octave pedal?
        7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

Originally posted by drew_half_empty
          yeah, take a stock ds-1, set the distortion at 3 o'clock & the tone between 10 & 11, and you'll see kind of what i like. Those are my settings but i did some mods to enhance the bass & mids, and make it less robot sounding
          Robot sounding? Now there's a new term! LOL

You like alot of gain...I keep mine at around 11 or so to keep note articulation...Gets too crazy with the gain up over around 1 or so....Different strokes though..

John
          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by joelap
            I'm just curious John... have you ever messed around with a Boss OC-2 Octave pedal?
            I try to stay with overdrive/distortion pedals....Too many chips in those types of pedals...I don't charge enough to spend any amount of time on delays,chorus,phase shifter,octave pedals etc...Ya know...

Comment

Working...
            X