banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charvel becoming a guitar company for the elite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Charvel becoming a guitar company for the elite?

Easton is out except a couple of used ones that arent what I want. (Standard trem) Ill try the other tho..

Yeah, I told them they were nuts. $1800. That is even their (discounted) price.. Told them I could get the same axe with AMS for $569.
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Thanks for the history and info, Zerb.
      ~Sid

"If you play a Nickelback song backwards you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward you'll hear Nickelback." ~David Grohl

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus
        Take a GOOOD look at where I am, bro. No UK or USA schtick here, I´m as mainland Europe as it gets

Just do what I do: Order from Kevin Easton at www.eastonguitars.com

Tell him Zerb from the JCF sent ya

Then you get a GREAT USA price, plus a bit of shipping, plus customs. In Germany with the total of 20% extra I have to pay for Customs I still end up about 20% off USA list (which btw is about 20% less than most european MSRPs), which is an unbelievable deal considering how inflated Gear prices are over here (BTW, I´ve never bought a single axe new here in Europe, too expensive )
        I noticed your location after I already posted...

Thanks for the info man, I will definately check out that link.

Thanks!...
        Vintage Les Paul Copy (SH6b - SH2)
        VHT Pitbull 50/12 2X12"

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
          Those original San Dimas (Azusa?) guitars had great necks that were a nice rounded C.
          When they started cranking out those Charvel/Jackson imports in the late 80's is when they started using the flatter/thinner necks. Ewww! What a mistake. At least Jackson USA held their ground with the better necks.
          Yep, San Dimas (P.O. Box) = Asuza (Physical)

Actually, there were 3 profiles. One was a pretty thick V, which was actually very similar to the V-Profile on soma Charvel Acoustics such as the ATX. The Rounded C you speak of is similar to todays Soloist profile, aand ther was a wide C like my Charvel Reissue. Those are the Strathead profiles, the pointies were a bit different, but here I have to pass
          Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus
            WHAT?????

They must be on crack, man. And pretty good crack at that. The newer charvel imports LISTED at under 800 bucks

Try www.eastonguitars.com or www.vwallguitars.com , they may still have a few

i can just see the face you made when u saw his post look like the one in your avatar....
            esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
            fender mim standard strat
            peavey classic 30
            johnson j-station
            original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
            dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
            yamaha f-310p acoustic
            taylor 410 acoustic
            "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

very imformative post zerb!
              peavey classic 30
              johnson j-station
              yamaha f-310p acoustic
              taylor 410 acoustic
              "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Originally posted by xerxes
                i can just see the face you made when u saw his post look like the one in your avatar....
                My face always looks like the one in my Avatar, just look in my profile for comparison
                Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

pretty close, but in the avatar the mouth is open completely stunned, lol
                  peavey classic 30
                  johnson j-station
                  yamaha f-310p acoustic
                  taylor 410 acoustic

Comment

Working...
                  X